Drum Brake Cylinder rebuilt kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am currently working on a 67 FJ40. I am having trouble ordering rebuild kits for the front cylinders. I wondering if anyone knows of a place to purchase them. I bought cruiser corps last pair of them and I am a pair short for the fronts. Also I am wondering the differences between model year brake cylinders. Example: can i put 71-75 brake cylinders in my 67'. Thanks

I am currently working on a 67 FJ40. I am having trouble ordering rebuild kits for the front cylinders. I wondering if anyone knows of a place to purchase them. I bought cruiser corps last pair of them and I am a pair short for the fronts. Also I am wondering the differences between model year brake cylinders. Example: can i put 71-75 brake cylinders in my 67'. Thanks

@Rainman

for your brake line needs

The rebuild kits are just the rubber bits, they probably don't care what size the brakelines are. If the inside diameter of the cylinders is the same, they should work.

@Pighead
....can i put 71-75 brake cylinders in my 67'. Thanks

I think he was also asking about new cylinders. Believe I’ve read 67 line nuts are 9mm. I don’t own one yet:D My 71 cylinders are 10 mil.

VandyAndy, Have you removed your wheel cylinders yet? If not, be careful not to strip the brake line nuts. Get a heavy walled line nut wrench. The chepo’s will flex and slip. Hit the nut with a small flame, too much heat and a rubber line might pop(AMHIK)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom