Driver seat re-cushioned.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
Is this an easy thing to do or have done? Such a lack of support its givin me issues with my lower back/hip. #TY

I paid $85 to have my seats refoamed from a small local shop. They also fixed the torn vinyl. I bought the foams from spector and the shop that did it also throughly cleaned the covers.

Completely worth it. You’ll thank yourself. It will feel like you lifted the truck.

I paid $85 to have my seats refoamed from a small local shop. They also fixed the torn vinyl. I bought the foams from spector and the shop that did it also throughly cleaned the covers.

Completely worth it. You’ll thank yourself. It will feel like you lifted the truck.
Ya...i used a jell packed sest cushion today...massive difference.

$85 to have em done.... How much was the foam itself?? You remember the Specter foam details? #TYVM

I did the pair.

I did the pair.
200 vs 330....hmmmmmm....well, i can only sit in 1 lol. Totally worth it eh?? Have to do smthn....
Screenshot_20200204-190456.png

Did you have to remove the seats?

Did you have to remove the seats?

I did remove them. It was easier to just take the seats than than the whole truck. Plus they knocked it out in a day. They will charge you labor to pull them in and out. Not worth it.

A cheap pair of hog ring pliers and do it yourself in the garage. The only tough part was tightening up the flap that comes from the center of the seat cover and has to attach to the seat frame. A second set of hands helps.
I put in the SOR foam (and bought an SOA seat cover in OEM fabric) and both have held up well.
I took some pictures and they are in the EscapeWagon build thread.

I've used a good passenger side bottom foam and cover and re-did the driver side. easy to do yourself
yes seat needs to be removed. 4 bolts

I haven't used the sor foam but others have liked it.

SOR foam is worth the price. Definitely a more comfortable seat. Nothing beats a good seat when spending hours and hours behind the wheel. If you use the 60 for long trips, you'll thank yourself many times over.

What exactly are hog ring pliers....and hows that all work?

What exactly are hog ring pliers....and hows that all work?
They are used for upholstery. The seat cushion has a wire that Threads through the bottom of the vinyl.
you use the hog ring pliers to secure that wire to the seat frame.
Check out youtube on upholstery and you can see them in action....simple operation.
There is a flap on the bottom of the seat cover that needs to be pulled through the foam and attached to the seat frame. This is what holds the seat cushion center in place so it doesn’t move around while you are sitting onit.
getting that taut is the only difficult part.

622B1934-B26E-4DC3-A019-D200F1D08D80.jpeg

Here you go....SOR seat cushions and hog ring set from ebay. Here is my write up on the change. Get ready to sit way up higher with some major support. Honestly it takes a while to get used to, but a great improvement.

From the comments I take it this will significantly decrease headroom... I'm on the tall side and already have to slouch to keep my head from rubbing on the headliner with my 30 year old foam. Any tall folks have alternate replacement seat foam recommendations that don't provide so much lift? Thanks!

From the comments I take it this will significantly decrease headroom... I'm on the tall side and already have to slouch to keep my head from rubbing on the headliner with my 30 year old foam. Any tall folks have alternate replacement seat foam recommendations that don't provide so much lift? Thanks!

You can shave the foam down, or buy automotive foam and DIY it like this thread Replacing the seat bottom foam

I really dig this forum....you guys rock!!

Here you go....SOR seat cushions and hog ring set from ebay. Here is my write up on the change. Get ready to sit way up higher with some major support. Honestly it takes a while to get used to, but a great improvement.
Just the bttm cushion of.drivers seat...correct? Ive been using a jell pack seat cushion....and its better but not great...kindve a pain gettin it under my ass ...so im definately doing this. You mention shavin off for height consideration....1/2"? Will it 'flatten' fast enough and just leave ut alone? How big of a height difference i guess....

Scratch entire last post!!!

Would you shave 1/2" off bttm or leave as is? Im 6'0" ...not overly tall but if taking 1/2" off be better...ill do that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom