Drag link replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Little cost run down:
Bud Built Tie Rod, jam nuts, shipping: $116
Marlin Tie Rod, jam nuts, shipping: $121
Front Range Tie Rod, jam nuts, shipping: $149
Slee Tie Rod, jam nuts, shipping: $241

I went with the Marlin Crawler because there was a 2 week lead time on the Bud Built.

Other considerations, the bud built and marlin are both bare metal. Slee has their super nice powder coat (I run their drag link and it’s held up very nicely.) I don’t know about the Front Range. Bud Built has the option of either red or black powder coat for $48 extra and additional lead time.

I also went with OEM TREs which were $46 a piece from my local Toyota dealer (happens to be Mc George, so they have most everything. )
P/Ns: 45046-69135 & 45047-69085

Didn’t want to hijack your thread.
Nah man, you're good. I think it's beneficial for people like me to learn about other options and what could be a better choice. Plus hopefully this thread will be useful for other people who google the drag link issue as the latest one i saw was like 8 years ago.

Does anyone have a good source for 23mm jam nuts to fit OEM TREs? Marlin is out of stock. I have a few hits in Google but sources I have never heard of previously. Thanks.

A local dealership will be closest and fasted.

Using a king stabilizer purchased from down south motor sports I think. It’s holding up just fine but something in the sub $100.00 range would work just fine.
Roger that. I ordered one from Icon to match my suspension, but they did the ol bait and switch on the availability end. So I'll take a look at Down South!

Roger that. I ordered one from Icon to match my suspension, but they did the ol bait and switch on the availability end. So I'll take a look at Down South!
Oh…the ol’ switch-a-roo. Yeah, I’ve had some issues with Icon initially. I still have mixed feelings about them. At the time i was refreshing my suspension I didn’t see a landcruiser application for stabilizers…maybe just a universal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom