Door Speakers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scrapdaddy

Standing on the corner
SILVER Star
Threads
Question or two for you guys with front door speakers. I had my door cards made without the speaker holes and now living with it need some speakers up front. No room in the kick panels, etc. need to go in the doors. I'm not thrilled by this, but they work.

I've bought a set of marine speakers, but want some testimony on how you did yours. How you ran the wire and where on the door, top or bottom. Any problems and what would you do different.

I'm not really a music guy, but did I mention my wife likes to talk. :)

I purchsed some 6.5 and mounted them under the seat facing the front of cab. Not in a box or anything. Not the loudest but I did not want to cut my new door cards or doors.

I've got drawers under the seats, so mine have to go in the doors. I've got two speakers up in the roof, but they're just not loud enough. I don't like the idea of cutting the door cards, but got to do it.

I'm looking for ideas on running the wire through the door and body, any good products, instead of just stringing the wire through grommets. Anything you would do different.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's my biggest hangup, drilling holes in the door and body. Right angle air drill should do it.

I put 3 1/2 inch speakers up high in the door. Removed the ashtrays and enlarged those holes to fit. Have a couple of OEM grilles that were used on the rear panels yet to add that should make it look stock. Quality small speaker up high helps counter all the road noise.

Interesting, is 3 1/2" dia. @ the largest you could go? I never really thought about that spot. I'll have to pull off the card and look some more.

I put 3 1/2 inch speakers up high in the door. Removed the ashtrays and enlarged those holes to fit. Have a couple of OEM grilles that were used on the rear panels yet to add that should make it look stock. Quality small speaker up high helps counter all the road noise.

Seemed to be the largest without cutting any metal. Might be able to squeeze in a 4".

my location was there when i got mine 3 1/2
20170130_074223.jpg

You know I'm going to tell her you said that. Suck up! You going to Cruise Moab this year?

You know I'm going to tell her you said that. Suck up! You going to Cruise Moab this year?

Uh no, I think I need to return a library book that day. Why do you ask?

Yeah, I will be there :)

You probably know this already, I'm thinking you have been married longer than me, but I found this amazing book on communicating with women, it is actually more of a pamphlet, entitled "And then what happened?". :)

In all honesty, I'm the one on our long trips that likes to talk. We've been together for over thirty years and for me the key is finding somebody with a good sense of humor. We take shots at each other all day long, I'm one of the lucky ones. We'll see you back at Slick Rock.

what if we pile all the women folks in one pig , let them have at it , they can use mine it is easy to drive , heated seats , . I can buddy up with someone who wants to talk pig ,

In all honesty, I'm the one on our long trips that likes to talk. We've been together for over thirty years and for me the key is finding somebody with a good sense of humor. We take shots at each other all day long, I'm one of the lucky ones. We'll see you back at Slick Rock.

That is awesome! You are fortunate, 30+ years to a woman who will ride halfway across the country in a Pig with you? I don't think my wife would go CO to Moab. She would if it was important to me, but it would not be her first choice!

what if we pile all the women folks in one pig , let them have at it , they can use mine it is easy to drive , heated seats , . I can buddy up with someone who wants to talk pig ,

Awesome idea! It will be like driving a 100, but way cooler!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom