Door Actuator's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has any one tried to retro Actuator's from something else onto the 80?

No, just swapped out mine for a low mileage unit.

There was a thread some months back that highlighted repairing the stock units and I believe there may have been discussion of other Toyota units that were compatible. A search show pull it up. If anything it may provide some direction.

texasknowhow did a video on repairing the lock actuators. I did mine about 6 months ago and they are still going strong. The best part is the $0 price tag!

I did one of mine, in fact the same one that dude rebuilt, followed his instructions to the letter
didn't work, ended up unplugging it and going to manual.

They are $60 new on amazon. I've replaced a couple of them. I dealt with my hatch lock only working manually for months. It drove me crazy especially since I use the keyless entry.

Hi, Funny my same door is giving me trouble, good video. Mike

I've repaired 4 or 5 and they are all working so far. Buying used is also a good option.

I've repaired 4 or 5 and they are all working so far. Buying used is also a good option.

Recently got a bunch of new ones, at ~$40ea, don't see messing with old ones?

FYI, Aisin units are a direct replacement for the typically more expensive OEM. Around $40 each.
Driver Rear part# Aisin DLT-088
Pass. Rear part# Aisin DLT-089

Yeap, purchased on eBay for $43 each. All rears working now but next time I will service it. Easy enough swap but take care on the brittle lever locks, if you are in a pinch you can place a circlip on it.
FYI, Aisin units are a direct replacement for the typically more expensive OEM. Around $40 each.
Driver Rear part# Aisin DLT-088
Pass. Rear part# Aisin DLT-089

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom