Does the stock rear locker switch light up on a 98-99? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently noticed that the stock rear e locker switch on my 99 and the mirror controls do not light up(. Are the bulbs out or did they never light up? is there a bulb I can replace?

Yes, it does and over in "what did you do to your land cruiser this week" thread, it has a link for adding a bulb or bulb socket. There is also the possibility the elocker is stuck and there are posts about getting it freed up.
I wired up my front locker indicator in the instrument panel today. I first found this mod DIY here. I followed these instructions almost exactly. I would recommend following these instructions exactly, it is a very good DIY write up. Just for giggles I also stuck a bulb in the 'air filter' indicator socket. Funny thing is that the light comes on and then it goes out after a few seconds just like it should after the system check. I read a few related articles from overseas and supposedly if the light functions in this way it means that the necessary sensor is present and working. Otherwise it would not come on in the first place and definitely not make it through the system check and then turn off.....we shall see. I am going to find out what triggers that filter light and identify it asap.View attachment 1406607 View attachment 1406611

Edit: My cousin Justin here in Montana, where I am visiting, did an awesome job soldering the bulb connection for me. Thanks cousin!

I do not remember the switch actually lighting up.

I mean the dash indicator not the switch. Apologies.

The dash indicator bulb could be burned out , but should light up when switched and in 'L', if your locker is in fact engaged. As far as the mirror control in the dash by the drivers left knee, on mine I took it out of the dash to see if it was supposed to light up. I put a bulb in it which came on, however the front of the switch was not etched or whatever to allow the light to pass through. LOL. So I just took the bulb out and re-installed the switch.

thanks for the replies guys, I am talking about the actual switches lighting up, not the dash indicator. My dash indicator does work. I did also see that write up and I think I am going to have to wire up my front locker dash indicator to work too!

I recently noticed that the stock rear e locker switch on my 99 and the mirror controls do not light up(. Are the bulbs out or did they never light up? is there a bulb I can replace?
Neither switches light up on the LC.

Got it, thanks for clarification @hoser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom