Dissent Rear Bumper Land Cruiser 200 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there ANYTHING out here for an install walkthrough for a Dissent rear bumper?
I have searched here (maybe I don’t understand the search?), the Googler, other groups, and there seems to be no install thread or videos out there. My Dissent rear arrives Monday, and my Kaymar will be coming off and sold, but I always like to at least get a good feel of how an install will go before I start.

If you’ve done one, please post up any pics, video, wiring help…
I tried to title this well so that others can see it in the future. I will also take as many pics and video as I can while I do my install, hopefully between Xmas and the new year.

Many thanks. 🤘🏼🤘🏼

F1945182-FF45-4446-82AE-6DBDE513F721.jpeg

Is there ANYTHING out here for an install walkthrough for a Dissent rear bumper?
I have searched here (maybe I don’t understand the search?), the Googler, other groups, and there seems to be no install thread or videos out there. My Dissent rear arrives Monday, and my Kaymar will be coming off and sold, but I always like to at least get a good feel of how an install will go before I start.

I tried to title this well so that others can see it in the future. I will also take as many pics and video as I can while I do my install, hopefully between Xmas and the new year.

Many thanks. 🤘🏼🤘🏼

View attachment 3184242
I think basic instructions are buried in the “dissent offerings” thread

@radman’s thread is the go to:

There are other good threads on the topic too. Lots of info and help here.

I can't remember, but I think you also have a LRA tank? If it is the 12.5 gal, there is some bracket interference, so you may need to notch the Dissent brackets.

It’s right on their website…

Hey all- thanks for all the tips and links. No clue why most of this didn’t come up in my searches for “Dissent Rear 200” I’m not very active here so maybe I’m just not familiar enough with the platform
Regardless, I’ll be much better prepared. 🤘🏼

Hey all- thanks for all the tips and links. No clue why most of this didn’t come up in my searches for “Dissent Rear 200” I’m not very active here so maybe I’m just not familiar enough with the platform
Regardless, I’ll be much better prepared. 🤘🏼
Coincidentally timing wise (or not :)), here is a good Google Fu tip:

I can't remember, but I think you also have a LRA tank? If it is the 12.5 gal, there is some bracket interference, so you may need to notch the Dissent brackets.

Anyone done the Dissent rear with the 24 gas LRA? I’m looking at the brackets and I think there is a god chance I’ll have to mod something. Currently, my tank and 200 are not in the same place.

I don't have the thread(s) handy, but I used information (mostly from Linuxgod, indycole and tbissacs, I think) to build a plug and play wiring harmess. Also consider where you are getting power and ground for the license plate light, as I recall it isn't mentioned anywhere in the instructions. I ended up making a separate harness for those lights that plugged inline to my other harness. Some related leads here: Dissent offroad 200 series offerings. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dissent-offroad-200-series-offerings.1109875/post-14481278

More good stuff here: More Dissent Rear Bumper Questions - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/more-dissent-rear-bumper-questions.1286109/post-14473515

Coincidentally timing wise (or not :)), here is a good Google Fu tip:
SOOO much better results. That will be my go to in the future. Thanks.

Anyone done the Dissent rear with the 24 gas LRA? I’m looking at the brackets and I think there is a god chance I’ll have to mod something. Currently, my tank and 200 are not in the same place.
no interference or mods needed with the 24gallon. The thread you linked earlier had the 24 in place prior to the installs.

chop that resonator off and PM me if you need real-time help.
the first few pages of the thread have all the meat, then lots of details that got lost in the last 15 pages...

no interference or mods needed with the 24gallon. The thread you linked earlier had the 24 in place prior to the installs.
LOL

chop that resonator off and PM me if you need real-time help.
the first few pages of the thread have all the meat, then lots of details that got lost in the last 15 pages...

Pic was before my Kaymar install. Resonator is long gone now after so many hits. Lol.
Thanks for the link and offer. 🤘🏼

Random question: My Dissent rear bumper is supposed to arrive at the Fed Ex terminal this week and I'd like to go pick it up without taking my trailer. Can I fit all the components in the back of my 200? Would love to pull the stuff off the pallet and leave it there.
I only bought the bumper itself. No swingouts, tables or ladders.

Probably. Mine arrived in a big 4'x4'x3' (or something like that) Fedex box with an integral cardboard pallet and had more parts than I'd try to transport loose. They use expanding spray foam inside plastic sheet material to cushion the parts. I have dual swingout version, so I have more parts than you would. I'd think if you can work out the logistics of unboxing and them taking the packaging and waste, you should be able to fit all of the parts in the rear cargo area. I'd probably use moving blankets or something similar as padding to protect parts in transit.

Random question: My Dissent rear bumper is supposed to arrive at the Fed Ex terminal this week and I'd like to go pick it up without taking my trailer. Can I fit all the components in the back of my 200? Would love to pull the stuff off the pallet and leave it there.
I only bought the bumper itself. No swingouts, tables or ladders.
Yes you can. I just recently received my rear bumper and tire swing out and everything easily fit. They even took the packaging away on the pallet it arrived on. Just be sure to make sure you absolutely have every component including hardware before they remove the packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom