Dissent rear bumper and 12.5 gal LRA tank bracket interference? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
Has anyone here that installed a dissent rear bumper and has a 12.5 tank run into bumper bracket support interference with the tank mounting brackets? If so, what did you do?

FDF599D6-917E-4FE2-84BD-25587F00F8A7.jpeg

I think I either need to drill the dissent bracket or notch it, then paint.

Drilling would be tidier, but the lra bolt is a strap bolt where I trimmed the excess, and if I remove it, there is no way I'd be able to reinstall it.

Kind of a bummer to breach the powdercoat either way.

It was going so smoothly until this...

Notching.
DB95F053-62D9-4AA0-9F5F-055B2745797C.jpeg

That worked. A while lot more hassle than I wanted, but that's just part of the modding process after all. Glad I have cutoff tools, grinders and flap disks handy though.

4790D779-7F35-446A-8B4B-EF25759E5AF1.jpeg

Good point! I have one, and probably should have thought of that, but is is a hassle to set up, so I never think to dig it out unless I'm doing a big fabrication project.

Assuming this would be the same process for a LRA 40? This is likely beyond my DIY hopes for the rear bumper.

Glad I caught this thread before getting the bumper on and trying to install the tank after.

Looks like I'll finish the tank install first.

Assuming this would be the same process for a LRA 40? This is likely beyond my DIY hopes for the rear bumper.
Here’s what the 24 bracket looks like. Didn’t have to notch the Dissent…

470A2146-A2E5-49AE-961C-A0628AB6190F.jpeg

Yep, very different!

Ya, the 12.5 mounts different. I had to notch mine and also had to take the spare tire carrier off as well.

Ya, the 12.5 mounts different. I had to notch mine and also had to take the spare tire carrier off as well.
Do you mean the dissent spare tire carrier on the bumper or the OEM one under rear?

I think you are asking @RobW0, but I took the factory spare tire carrier off and notched the Dissent frame mount when I installed my Dissent bumper. I never tried to see if I could install the spare tire carrier back in since I have a swingout on the bumper for the spare.

Last edited:
Do you mean the dissent spare tire carrier on the bumper or the OEM one under rear?
Yes OEM. I think if you don't have the 12.5 you can keep your OEM spare tire carrier but with the 12.5 the OEM carrier is reinstalled about 1.5 ins lower. You might be able to put it back, but I think it would take a lot of work. So what this means is that if you have a 12.5 you will need to have a swing out for your spare.

Yes OEM. I think if you don't have the 12.5 you can keep your OEM spare tire carrier but with the 12.5 the OEM carrier is reinstalled about 1.5 ins lower. You might be able to put it back, but I think it would take a lot of work. So what this means is that if you have a 12.5 you will need to have a swing out for your spare.

$h!+. That's new to me.

My Dissent rear is about to be delivered and my 12.5 aux tank is on its pallet in the garage. I promised my wife no swing outs on the 200 since most of our other LCs have them and she hates them.

Looks like I will be fabbing something up to get it mounted under the tank.

I think you'll be okay. There are L shaped brackets on either end of the spare tire bracket that you may need to find a creative way to reattach.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

$h!+. That's new to me.

My Dissent rear is about to be delivered and my 12.5 aux tank is on its pallet in the garage. I promised my wife no swing outs on the 200 since most of our other LCs have them and she hates them.

Looks like I will be fabbing something up to get it mounted under the tank.
I had originally planned on keeping my spare under the LC. I changed my mind after I originally ordered the bumper and added the swing outs. At the time I was not aware of the interference with the carrier mount under the LC. It was just by chance that it ended up not being a problem for me. I think you can do it but it will take some additional work on the tire carrier bracket to get it up there and aligned properly. The bolt that goes thru the frame on the bumper is blocked by the OEM tire carrier when it is in the new position for the 12.5 tank.

I'll send Dissent my invoice for R&D services rendered? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom