Dissent offroad modular front bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah it’s a full LX bar, but I don’t understand, what’s not to like?:cool:

View attachment 2081092

I agree. That profile of the bull bar following the lights has to be one of the best looking bumpers for any vehicle I've seen. Just beautiful.

Someone on overland bound asked me about "bumping" my bumper. I simply replied that Im choosing not to "bump" my bumpers into into things on purpose unless the situation requires a slight metallic massage. I also referred the guy to @benc Instagram for more proof that Dissent products are worth the $$$!

What size tires are you running and do you have spacers?

I'm worried about an animal strike.

I found these on the internet if more reassurance is needed on animal strikes.

SmartSelect_20191004-063854_WhatsApp.jpg

SmartSelect_20191004-063919_WhatsApp.jpg

Looks like the bullbar really strengthens this bumper. Only just a bit 😉

You mean limb risers?
5A3AF329-C199-4DA5-AD80-DF0488A70E84.png

@cruizin18 Here you go.

You wont be disappointed with a Dissent bumper.

I’m looking for inut on how to tow my 100 behind a class C motor home. What tow systems would be compatible with this bumper without putting the truck on a trailer?

edit:fixed typo

Last edited:
I’m looking for I put on how to tow my 100 behind a class C motor home. What tow systems would be compatible with this bumper without putting the truck on a trailer?
I don't believe that it is a good idea... Even with the transfer case in Neutral the entire Full-time 4WD drivetrain will be rotating. Suggest you reconsider the trailer.

I don't believe that it is a good idea... Even with the transfer case in Neutral the entire Full-time 4WD drivetrain will be rotating. Suggest you reconsider the trailer.

Towing a 100 is not a problem. Many have been doing it for years including Slee off road.

A few months back I met a gentleman and his wife in Arkadelphia, AR who towed their '99 LC behind their RV all the way from Montana with no issues. He had over 300k miles on it too. He told me he puts the trans in N, then the transfer case in N, then shifts the trans back to park. He said he's towed it that way on several cross-country trips in the past 10yrs of his ownership totaling almost 40k miles and he has had no issues.

A few months back I met a gentleman and his wife in Arkadelphia, AR who towed their '99 LC behind their RV all the way from Montana with no issues. He had over 300k miles on it too. He told me he puts the trans in N, then the transfer case in N, then shifts the trans back to park. He said he's towed it that way on several cross-country trips in the past 10yrs of his ownership totaling almost 40k miles and he has had no issues.

I had done some reading and know that it is possible to safely tow the vehicle with four wheels rolling provides the travers case and transmission are priority set. I guess I meant how specifically would I connect this Dissent front bumper I have installed on my 100 to a towing hitch like the blue ox tow bar. I need to have a base plate configuration that will match the tow bar setup and I’m wondering how to do that with the Dissent bumper.
In the attached picture the items circled in red are directly fixed to the frame of the vehicle. How do I get this with the dissent bumper? Does that question make sense?

1F271930-93DF-4672-9324-C538A948D2E4.jpeg

I had done some reading and know that it is possible to safely tow the vehicle with four wheels rolling provides the travers case and transmission are priority set. I guess I meant how specifically would I connect this Dissent front bumper I have installed on my 100 to a towing hitch like the blue ox tow bar. I need to have a base plate configuration that will match the tow bar setup and I’m wondering how to do that with the Dissent bumper.
In the attached picture the items circled in red are directly fixed to the frame of the vehicle. How do I get this with the dissent bumper? Does that question make sense?

View attachment 2139167

In the past, Ben was always willing to work with buyers to modify bumpers for the buyers needs. You should talk to him and see what he thinks. Most likely he can do something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom