Dissent offroad modular aluminum roof rack. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It just hit me that I have an aluminum Dissent rack on my truck. I was wondering why I couldn’t get my magnet lights to stick to it. This thread finally answered my question

So happy to know I have this rack because I knew it looked like it just assumed steel. Was like man I might need to upgrade then I was like wait a minute!!!! 🤦🏼‍♂️

It just hit me that I have an aluminum Dissent rack on my truck. I was wondering why I couldn’t get my magnet lights to stick to it. This thread finally answered my question

So happy to know I have this rack because I knew it looked like it just assumed steel. Was like man I might need to upgrade then I was like wait a minute!!!! 🤦🏼‍♂️

Pics or it didn't happen!! Lol...

:steer:

Pics or it didn't happen!! Lol...

:steer:
Lol. I was camping and lots of beer and whiskey so didn’t really hit me why none of my lights stuck to it. So put on door and roof but hit me at end of reading this post like an idiot. You kind of get idea with this pic. Def Dissident rack I just always assumed Steel (previous owner installed).

4B9BA6B0-D5E4-4C0E-AE67-7D9B955CED22.jpeg

Has anyone mounted a ski rack to the Dissent roof rack? Any issues before we go buy one?
Have had no problems attaching my Thule snowboard rack. Only issue will be is you can’t hear any wind noise from it and getting the boards/skis down safely lol. Just got back from opening weekend at Mammoth.

I’m also struggling to understand how things get mounted given the cross members are c shaped, do you have to remove them to get a carriage bold in the slot or how does this work? Can’t find any videos online.
Use the plates that fit under the c shape and just screw in whatever attachments you are trying to install. It simple and easier and one less thing we have to buy compared to other roof racks and trying to attach stuff.

Had anyone attached longer crossbars to the dissent rack? If so, please share your setup. On occasion I need to haul 2 canoes, and I do prefer that they sit flat on their gunwales on the crossbars. So I would need a temporary set up on these specific occasions. Thanks in advance

Maybe I'm the minority but a functioning sunroof is one where the view isn't obstructed. Otherwise, what's the point? Would one of y'all Dissent rack owners be willing to post a picture of what it looks like with the sunroof open?

Edit:
Never mind, this post clears it up.
Still on the hunt for a rack that doesn't sacrifice the sunroof...

Hmm, I don't often find myself looking up out of my sunroof as I'm always driving and looking forward or out of the side windows momentarily. For me "functioning" would mean I can still get light through it and some airflow.

Use the plates that fit under the c shape and just screw in whatever attachments you are trying to install. It simple and easier and one less thing we have to buy compared to other roof racks and trying to attach stuff.
Ah, after studying more pictures, it makes sense now, very simple. I'm leaning this way over the Front Runner now, especially since the Front Runner isn't full length without a hassle.

Hmm, I don't often find myself looking up out of my sunroof as I'm always driving and looking forward or out of the side windows momentarily. For me "functioning" would mean I can still get light through it and some airflow.

There are very big things to see out west.
E95E0D72-6612-4E7A-BA03-9D3EC9620493.jpeg

Is there any reason I can't use these on the dissent rack that y'all can think of?

Is there any reason I can't use these on the dissent rack that y'all can think of?

You’ll be able to adapt with no extra hardware with dissent rack.

You’ll be able to adapt with no extra hardware with dissent rack.

What size hardware/bolts can you fit through the pre cut slots on this rack? I can't find specs anywhere.

I think 5/16"-18 should work. You can use the supplied mounting plates on the slots.

My set up at Watchman Campground in Zion. Antidote Outdoors Aluminum Clamshell Roof Top Tent mounted on the Dissent RTT bars. Hi-Awning mount, but due to my tent's width, I have to install them flipped outward for the Ironman 6.5 m Awning + Enclosed Room.
A7577D90-245A-4991-8C68-C7F1166B15B7.jpeg

Annual Christmas Tree Harvest, this time from Dixie National Forest north of Zion National Park.
0E41E498-B369-4D93-8C72-2CE0BEA472D5.jpeg

Any word on when in 2022 these will be available again and an indication of cost?

Any word on when in 2022 these will be available again and an indication of cost?

We hope to have these available in stock for purchase on our new website sometime in the first quarter of next year. If you want to be notified of when that will be, send us an email through the contact form on the website and we will add you to the list.

@Greenbean I use a pry bar and plastic scrapper tool after soaking the gaskets and retainer clips covers in goo gone. Interestingly underneath the
retainer clips it was bare metal. No rust but I sprayed these areas with white rustoelum and waxed the roof. The mounting bolts and gaskets were in excellent condition no rust or leaks present.

My rack was shipped fedex ground. It isn’t in a pallet but in cardboard box with a ton of bubble wrap inside: I checked my packing slip and it was 65 lbs at 13x13x60". This included the roof top tent mounts. I ordered 2 sets of high awning mounts one for my kayaks and another for my camp shower.

I did my install over the Labor Day weekend. The pdf on Dissent’s website was very thorough. I did use a ratcheting strap when doing the final alignment. So to the prior poster that suggested that, I owe you a beer!

Sad Factory Rack, I have progressively been loosing the plastic moldings that cover the rack feet on both sides. It was super brittle on the remaining covers I did have on the PS.View attachment 2780426
Cross bars fitted.
View attachment 2780427
All done. I just need to get check the torque this next weekend. I didn’t notice any more or less noise vs. the factory rack. View attachment 2780441
I am super happy with the rack! It took me maybe 5 hrs over 2 days including the removal of the factory rack.

It is very sturdy and I can’t wait to get my hard shell clamshell roof top tent.
Hi @dogdaysindurham
What rims do you use on your car. Like it. May you be able to provide me the specs?
Best,
Marcel

Hi @dogdaysindurham
What rims do you use on your car. Like it. May you be able to provide me the specs?
Best,
Marcel
@Brummel Marcel, they are take off from the Tundra TRD Pro 18”. You will need to run spacers for them to clear the front hubs. I run the Spidertrax ones from Slee.

I got the rims off craiglist for like 500 bucks. There is an all black version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom