Dissent offroad aluminum and steel skid plates. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Full aluminum front bumper group buy next? :)
Haha, If I can even get aluminum!
I was literally on the phone all day trying to get metal. Looks like I should be good for all current orders but it's getting bad.

Nice work on the skids. Thank you for your dedication to the LC community. Just out of curiosity where does the aluminum come from? Not to add more to your plate but will A arm and rear axle protection be next?

I hope you continue making these in the future.

Last edited:
Most steel and aluminum in the US comes from China via Mexico and Canada.

Nice work on the skids. Thank you for your dedication to the LC community. Just out of curiosity where does the aluminum come from? Not to add more to your plate but will A arm and rear axle protection be next?

I hope you continue making these in the future.

Haha, If I can even get aluminum!
I was literally on the phone all day trying to get metal. Looks like I should be good for all current orders but it's getting bad.
Wow, that's bad news. What does this mean for future roof rack orders? I am planning on getting both bumpers and roof rack as well but was hoping for an all aluminum front bumper to keep weight down. Got my fingers crossed.

Wow, that's bad news. What does this mean for future roof rack orders? I am planning on getting both bumpers and roof rack as well but was hoping for an all aluminum front bumper to keep weight down. Got my fingers crossed.
I do have enough aluminum for 15 racks and 5-10 bumpers coming hopefully it will settle down by the time I need more!

03-09 Toyota 4-Runner Front Skid Plate

I was looking around and came across these skids that my buddy sent me (he's thinking of getting this for his 97 4Runner). It looks like they actually have a metal shroud/guard welded around the sections where the bolts thread in. Pretty cool.

Just throwing out some ideas, what do you guys think?

IMG_2253.jpg

Last edited:
It's probably better to simply make counter sink holes in the 1/4" plate . The raised washers will get damage by rocks and could prevent sliding off a rock.
Counter sink is not an option, due to variances from from vehicle to vehicle the holes must be slotted unfortunately.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the orders!
I am ordering the aluminum today.
If anyone else wants locked in at the $1000 price I will need them to order within the next couple hours.
I may grab a few extra sheets but not many.
Thanks!
Ben

Hello Ben,
Awesome skids! Please put me down for a set! Please let me know what your current time table is and how to work payment... This is the first step towards my fully Dissent Built rig. Appreciate it!

Thanks for all the interest guys!
I will go ahead and start an interested list on the first page. Let me know if you want to be added or removed.

This will be a list of people that would be interested to get it on the first batch.
As far as aluminum goes the more I get the better price so the more on this first batch the better the price will be on the first batch.
Please add me to interested list as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom