Builds DINGO- 60FZJ-UTE LS3 EROD (PROVEN CA SMOG) (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got Dingo back in the fabshop and all the main rails for the bed cut.

J

IMG_20201016_124129941.jpg

Did you switch plans for the bed? It looks like steel?

The base bed will be all steel and the canopy aluminum. After thinking more the aluminum bed for hauling what I need it too will be marred immediately and only get worse and be an eye soar and PISS ME OFF every time I see it.

SO:

Steel base with aluminum removable sides and then the removable canopy.

The base bed will be all steel and the canopy aluminum. After thinking more the aluminum bed for hauling what I need it too will be marred immediately and only get worse and be an eye soar and PISS ME OFF every time I see it.

SO:

Steel base with aluminum removable sides and then the removable canopy.

Makes sense. Pop the sides of and Dingo will double as a welding rig.

Makes sense. Pop the sides of and Dingo will double as a welding rig.

I don't think Dingo nor any 60/80 suspension mfg for that matter could handle my welding flatbeds and gear..... My old welding trucks were 1 ton dually Dodges with helper over load AND air bags... Last welding rig scaled out at 12540#

J

The ute tray and shorty side rails is coming along. Have all the templates now I can finish the other side and weld out. Then on to the canopy build.

Since I'm solo right now at the shop I'm working on a little of everything to pass the time and get things done that I can do alone.

J

IMG_20201119_110337082_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201119_110242195.jpg
IMG_20201119_113809.jpg
IMG_20201119_110257453.jpg
IMG_20201119_110440247.jpg

Looks ultra cool!!!! How much do you think all that weighs?

The bed? Less than the stock back end I cut off right now. Once I add the canopy and gear I'll be at about 720#. Coils are 1100# rated and I also have the AirbagMan bags with onboard air monitoring and dash controls when we are really loaded up.

If my math is right curb weight moderately loaded will come in around 5630#

Dingo needs to hold the line and not get bumped on the production list- again.

Dingo needs to hold the line and not get bumped on the production list- again.

Tony and I have been doing a little work on Dingo as time allows. Tony has been cleaning up wiring, tidying up things and over looming wiring and harnesses where I want.

Ordered some power door locks for the front and will have keyless entry, remote start and looking at push button start as well now.

Gauges, custom double din radio/AC bezel and some other mods coming into play.

Rabbit hole is DEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!! on this build....

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom