Different battery tray for SWB 40 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with installing a later model battery tray in a fj40 engine bay with minimal fabrication. For example a 100 series battery tray or hilux etc.

The reason for asking is my battery has been dodging relocated to inside the vehicle by previous owner and it is not roadworthy as it is. Finding an original battery tray is hard/expenses and I thought this may be a more viable option if anyone has had luck with this before?

Cheers

There are universal trays and boxes available. I think getting a universal to fit would be easier than a Toyota tray that was designed for another car.

Check with your local road authority as to what needs to be done to make it legal.
Most times they want the battery in a sealed box with a breather line run to the outside of the vehicle.
In some a places certain types of battery's are OK to use in the cab (EG Optima batteries which are fully sealed and leak proof can be installed inside the cabin whereas standard ones can't as they vent toxic fumes).

Either of these options might be slightly easier than moving the battery...

Cheers

There are universal trays and boxes available. I think getting a universal to fit would be easier than a Toyota tray that was designed for another car.

I found a $20 universal tray which may be useful, just might require a little bit of modification... I will see what I can do with it and post pics if it works out ok!
Cheers

Check with your local road authority as to what needs to be done to make it legal.
Most times they want the battery in a sealed box with a breather line run to the outside of the vehicle.
In some a places certain types of battery's are OK to use in the cab (EG Optima batteries which are fully sealed and leak proof can be installed inside the cabin whereas standard ones can't as they vent toxic fumes).

Either of these options might be slightly easier than moving the battery...

Cheers
That's not a bad idea actually. It would save a little time with other jobs I need to finish for a roadworthy check.
Unfortunately the previous owner has ratchet strapped it down inside a set of wooden drawers so I would also need to secure a tray or something for the battery to sit in.

Cheers for your input mate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom