Diagrams for sheetmetal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Since we all are looking for parts I'd thought I would throw a few scans out there so we can reference numbers and parts.

Feb 71 manual.

1832134-Page0003r.jpg

1832134-Page0002r.jpg

Last edited:
..very enlightening to view the break down the 55 into its separate parts...certainly gives one an even greater respect for its overall structure...thank you for the post

I love the wording for page 10-28 for crash and roll over. That would be a great caption under that pic of the 55 on it's top in the snow.

If someone has a later 55 manual I'll make a deal. As long as they scan it and put it on the web or send it to me to do so I'll do the same. There is some good stuff in it.

I think mine is the same as yours Marshall. Dated December 1971 (printed in Japan), with reprints in the US in April 1974, July 1974, August 1975, and November 1975. It is called Toyota Land Cruiser All Models Repair Manual, Chassis & Body. I also have the one titled F Engine Repair Manual. First printing June 1972 in Japan, Reprints in USA November 1973, May 1974, January 1975, and November 1975.

Got the same two manuals here... though it never says if it was revised between printings. Judging by the errant English "clash and turn-over", I doubt any changes were made. :D

I have a Landcruiser "Chassis And Body" repair manual printed in 1981. It's the 13th printing (says first version printed in '76), and printed in Japan. It doesn't have any diagrams this nice, WTF?!
As for the printing errors, my 2F repair manual has a whole chapter dedicated to LUBLICATION...I love it.

LAND CRUISER all models repair manual ....chasis & body (printed in Japan)

My book says first printing Dec. 28. 1971
I have the ninth printing: Nov 1,1988--pics are the same as yours Troll

Not sure what is up with scoutheads' manual....

great diagrams , anyway we could save them, sticky?

I noticed that when mudders remove the roof. they drill the spots down the sides but cut the front roof. by the diagram it would seem there is a leaded seam and the spot weld above the windshield under the gasket, maybe a better way to remove it??

When FJBen rolled his last year, I noticed the a pillars held but the roof collapsed between them, maybe when I remove my roof this summer for rust repair I could beef up this area???

thanks for the post

Yeah, w.t.f.?! my toyota manual only has the weatherstrip diagram ( and it doesn't have the cross-section views). My haynes manual has the fender diagram in it.
Oh well, thanks for posting these up. It's nice to get a good look at a diagram before going wiild and slashing metal...

JM599, you can get the 1972-1974 Land Cruiser All Models Repair Manual- Chassis & Body from Spector Off road and should be able to order one at your local Toyota Dealer. If not I would be happy to copy and send or fax you pages that you want. Its a must read, its interesting and funny, like the crash and burn, it really says clash and turn-over, this thing is really detailed, for resto information. Pub No. 98077-1

Lou

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom