Desmog components (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Desmog Components, Pt. 2

The second handy desmog component is the cap & plug set.

Standard version includes:
  • 6 allen head plugs for AIR port in head
  • 2 allen plugs for the BVSV(s) in t-stat housing
  • pair of black hi-temp vinyl 22 & 25mm caps for air cleaner hose barbs
Price is $10, plus $6 Priority mail.

The third handy desmog component is the EGR blockoff plate & gasket for 2/76-later 2F exhaust manifolds. This bolts to the bottom of the exhaust manifold to block the hole where EGR pipe exits (and leaks) from the bottom of the manifold. This new plate is milled from a chunk of steel. Note the proper design that replicates the pilot going up into the manifold, to help locate the gasket & protect the gasket from direct exposure to exhaust pressure. Also note how thick the bolting flange is, in comparison to the stock sheetmetal piece that always warps & leaks.

Price is $30.

A new 25628-61060 EGR gasket is also recommended. The 61060 graphite OEM gasket is the best available for this location. Limited availability, order now while still available.
Price is $15.

If buying more than one item, shipping is still just $6 total for a full set of desmog components in one small Flatrate box.
View attachment 399908View attachment 799113View attachment 799120View attachment 799121View attachment 799122

For my '77 I'd like the plugs and plates. My mail-to address is:

Dan Carey
Box 293
Chandler, AZ 85244

(480)964-1937

For my '77 I'd like the plugs and plates.
@danimal , I sent a PP invoice for just the plugs a couple days ago, based on an email.
Having re-read the last couple posts here, I realize your 77 also can use the EGR blockoff, so an updated PP invoice has been sent for $61 for all the caps, plugs, blockoff, gasket.

Thanks & HTH.

image.jpeg
What is the best way to do away with this side plate? Weld it up? I noticed the one you showed in the thread looks like it's only welded on one side. Can it just be plugged? My 79 has something similar to this.

Hey - I was trying to make my way through the 35 pages, but thought it may be easier to post.
Do you know if the high temp vinyl caps will fit the 3FE in the 91 FJ80?
I've been using the Doorman 02254 Rubber bypass caps. They usually last about 8 months, but I'd love to put in something a bit more "lasting."
Thanks!
-Derek

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll be back in town tonight and will measure and post up tomorrow.
-D

Jim, Payment sent for the v.3.3 AIR pump idler pulley plus shipping.

Thanks,
Jamie

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Jim,
Can you by chance tell me the part #'s for the carburetor base gasket and the gasket for the PVC/EGR assembly on the side of the intake manifold? 1979 fj40.

The PCV plate to intake manifold gasket is 25628-61030.

There is no separate gasket for carb base. Carb sits on a bakelite insulator plate that has gasket material permanently bonded to both sides.
Correct repair is to replace insulator assembly if gasket faces are boogered up.
If that is not possible, then try scraping off rock hard gasket, filing/milling the plastic insulator flat and making a new gasket.

Hi Jim, new to the forum and not sure how or if i can send you a PM. I've ordered some parts from MAF for a desmog but need some additional parts. Hoping you can help me out. Thanks.

i hate to be annoying/no rush, but i sent out my carb/dizzy about 4-5 weeks ago, is the turn around still 6?
Yes, should be.

Hi Jim, new to the forum and not sure how or if i can send you a PM. I've ordered some parts from MAF for a desmog but need some additional parts. Hoping you can help me out. Thanks.

All the parts are shown in the first 2 posts of this thread. PayPal can be sent to my e-mail,
which is my 'mud screenname at the Gmail dott com thingy.

Speaking of buying parts, the AP idler pulley is once again temporarily out of stock. Pieces are ordered to build more, waiting for laser cut plates to get done. Should have more for sale by end of next week.

Everything else is in stock.

Update: Received new batch of laser cut pieces, which are being welded into idler pulleys today. Will be available to go in the mail for "cyber Monday" interwebz sales. :grinpimp:

We now return to your usual post-thanksgiving somnolence. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom