Desert Unicorn Found!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found this 1974 model out in the absolute middle of nowhere north of Reno (like 20 miles from nearest paved road...). The unicorn part... almost no rust! All I could find was a small hole in the drivers door sill area and the drivers side fender bottom. Of course who knows if / where more is hiding, I didn't have time for much crawling. I'll post more pixs after power washing this weekend. Oh ya...tailgate handle...not broken!

1 1.jpg

1 1 2_LI (2).jpg

1 1 2.jpg

1 1 2_LI.jpg

Ah, damn! I was about to ask if anyone could take a look at it for me.

Congrats on the pickup!

Looking fw to seeing more once you get it cleaned up a bit!

No windshield...why to people keep these things for years without a windshield in? Seen several posted like that over the years.

They always look better with inflated tires, even different flavors. :) I really lucked out with this. Small amount of rot in drivers floor and bottom of drivers fender. It's so clean I'm almost ready to call it a survivor and buff the paint. Nah...probably not. It is an interesting color though, as others mentioned. When I put a battery in the horn worked and two driving lights, so it's half restored already!!

1 10.jpg

All glass except windshield? I guess it'll need all new rubber?

Plans?
Yes, I'm searching for weather strip, especially for the windshield. Windshields are available, they are just a bit pricy... Shopping SLO and other sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom