Wanted Denver: FJ60 shifter boot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This one is listed on PartSouq for 1980s 40s and 55 series, maybe it could fit early 60s? Want to try and let us early 60s owners know?

1710825408878.png

Only found the one with a tear and it appears to have the staple and part of what appears to be a inner boot.

My transfer boot has the same piece the the L pattern. Could be at least thirty years or more since I pulled it off a FJ60 inner a wrecking yard. Really want the shift cane but it came apart while still pulling it and just left. I've never owned a FJ60. Wanted it for a FJ40. Unfortunately when I pulled a couple shift canes a little later I didn't know the difference between the 3F bellhousing and the earlier bellhousing. Still searching for an early one.

I figured I had mid and late inspect covers. This confirms it.
View attachment 3585812

the 5 sided hole is the later version 85?+ people look for that top plate to use on 62 series when installing an H55

@garfieldthecat thanks for the peel at the inner booth. I’ll cut that out of a sheet of rubber.

For other folks seeing this for the first time I still just need an intact main boot for an early 60. It’s circled in green in the photo below. I do not need the red part.

CBE9F19E-7B45-4875-92FF-228321A8AC8E.jpeg

Unfortunately it was Toyota early boot design for the two piece shift cane that was the problem. Later styles the inner thinner rubber that was narrower and stretched over the fat section easier. the main boot extended all the way to the fat section. The 40 series boot up to 10/82 is too small. The 10/82 plus is larger but has the angle in it. But is not large enough at the end to cover the fat cane.

Interesting I checked the other one and it does not have any inner liner or staple marks it ever had one. Thought this was pulled from an 82 but that was years ago. Personally I would seriously think about doing a repair using a inner tube glued to the underside. Would look half way decent and get you by while your searching for another one. The part is long been NLA and part was only used two years over forty years ago.

If nothing else gets it back on top
bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom