Delta Vehicle Systems FJ/FZJ80 front bumper now available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a quick heads up on these, we are starting to include a Novita EP36 turn signal relay ($15 at Advance Auto) with all front bumpers since we provide LED turn signal replacements.

Will be reaching out directly to everybody who ordered (old website data is gone though so I can't get everybody) and offering a $25 gift certificate good for (almost) anything we offer. If you ordered a front bumper and don't hear from me, please forward your original order email to info@deltavs.com with any current/updated address info and your preference of either a relay or coupon.

New option for our front bumper. Full height, full frontal protection is now available as an add-on (not on site yet, will be soon, contact directly if interested). Tabs for mounting lights or antennas (or anything you want really) on either side, accessory mount slots on the outside of the outriggers (the small vertical slot "behind" the yellow side light), lots of open space to bolt whatever you want all over the place. The 95-97 bumper can also now mount up to a WARN M16 winch (if you are interested in getting those pesky factory bends out of your frame).

MG_6380.jpg

MG_6382.jpg

MG_6388.jpg

MG_6391.jpg

MG_6398.jpg

can you give a pic from under front of bumper, I mean WTF I just had luke build me a custom bumper for winch but tihs would be ideal.

can you give a pic from under front of bumper, I mean WTF I just had luke build me a custom bumper for winch but tihs would be ideal.
Like this?

IMG_0103.jpg

I loved the look of your lower profile bumper, but was concerned about animal strike protection. As far as I’m concerned you knocked this one out of the park. I love it and as soon as I’ve got the extra dough I’ll be ordering!

Is there a way for the air to scape in the aftermarket light holes? Seems to be a giant mosquito 🦟 trap.

Is there a way for the air to scape in the aftermarket light holes? Seems to be a giant mosquito 🦟 trap.
Air has plenty of places to go, and water has plenty of places to drain.

That’s what I thought, no way you would design the recessed holes without some air drain vents. Would you please post photos of the different adapters for Rigid and Baja Led lights? I really like all of the design aspects of your bumper. If I had to replace my ARB yours would be on top of my list. The shifter center console is definitely on my short list, once I figure what gauges for the Absolute Wits End Turbo.

That’s what I thought, no way you would design the recessed holes without some air drain vents. Would you please post photos of the different adapters for Rigid and Baja Led lights? I really like all of the design aspects of your bumper. If I had to replace my ARB yours would be on top of my list. The shifter center console is definitely on my short list, once I figure what gauges for the Absolute Wits End Turbo.
The adapters are the same (bolt into the same place), just have different cutouts for various lights (2 chip, 4 chip, BD/RI).

New option for our front bumper. Full height, full frontal protection is now available as an add-on (not on site yet, will be soon, contact directly if interested). Tabs for mounting lights or antennas (or anything you want really) on either side, accessory mount slots on the outside of the outriggers (the small vertical slot "behind" the yellow side light), lots of open space to bolt whatever you want all over the place. The 95-97 bumper can also now mount up to a WARN M16 winch (if you are interested in getting those pesky factory bends out of your frame).

View attachment 2156041

View attachment 2156042

View attachment 2156043

View attachment 2156044

View attachment 2156045

wow, that really pulled it all together/gave it the visual lift it needed (aesthetically speaking) - nicely done!!

Looks great! Can we get a straight on shot of this with the full grill guard?

Last edited:
Bump
Any photos straight on?

Working with Delta VS for a full 3" Delta / dobinson suspension system. Might need to add a bumper.

Bump
Any photos straight on?

Working with Delta VS for a full 3" Delta / dobinson suspension system. Might need to add a bumper.
Funny you should ask, just wrapped up a blem install on one of the shop trucks tonight and will be getting pics tomorrow.

Funny you should ask, just wrapped up a blem install on one of the shop trucks tonight and will be getting pics tomorrow.
Awesome
I'll talk to you tomorrow about adding a front bumper the the suspension package.

Finally had a "mess up" with one of these (can't seem to keep one in the shop long enough to take pics of it) that allowed mounting on shop rig.

Along with the full grill guard option, have changed the winch tray around ever-so-slightly to allow a "feet forward" mounting option, along with the bottom/front style of mounting, if you have such a winch (Warn M16 or something along those lines).

Folks have been wanting full vehicle shots, finally have them.

MG_6577.jpg
MG_6591.jpg
MG_6597.jpg

Hi again folks!

Back with the announcement of the Delta Vehicle Systems FJ80 and FZJ80 front bumpers.

View attachment 1794650

You may have seen the prototype of this bumper on our Overland Expo client build. We’ve made some improvements since then and are now ready to sell these things!

Driven by the need for off-road clearance while maintaining strength and good looks, this bumper protects your vehicle and adds functionality. With a hidden winch tray, interchangeable light mount plates (Baja Designs, Rigid, and “cut your own” are current options), included LED turn signals, dual purpose shackle mounts with integrated “quick-hook”, and optional bull-bar, this bumper goes the extra 10 miles.

One of the more unique aspects of our bumper is the removal of your stock valence. By taking off that flimsy, usually bent, piece of sheetmetal and closely following the body/light/grill contour, you will get the best of both worlds: extremely high clearance AND the kind of super stout protection you can only get from a deep and tall metal structure.

View attachment 1794651

The bumper has enough depth on the top to act as a nice work platform/tool storage/”cold beverage” holder (when camped for the night, of course), all without sticking out obnoxiously far from the grill.

They are available with or without a bullbar, but the bullbar option will be a "build to suit" option.

View attachment 1794652

All the bumpers have two openings on the top surface so you can access your hidden winch with ease. Standard fairlead mount holes and license plate holes on the same spot in the front, with secondary plate mounting holes on the lower surface (note: may not be legal to mount the front plate on the lower surface in your state).

The winch zone is designed to fit a WARN M8000 style winch. The prototype has a Smittybilt 10k winch installed with zero issues and plenty of room to spare. Note: the relays will need to be mounted under the hood for almost any winch.

Another unique part is our “quick-hook” shackle mount. Not only do you have the standard two spots to mount shackles that are lined up with the frame for maximum strength, but you have two hooks incorporated into the same piece of metal that you can just throw a loop over for quick, non-critical situations.

There is also a hidden mounting location for a NOCO 110V receptacle (this model: NOCO - AC Port Plug - GCP1) for adding shore power/permanent trickle charger, block heater, etc.

View attachment 1794658

Since the 91-94 FJs have different grills/lights/valence than the 95-97, you will want to choose the appropriate option when you order. This selection matters because the bumper follows the grill closely and replaces the valence. With this bumper, you do NOT have to mess with your AC components on an FZJ. The bumper clears the bottle and the dryer can be left in place (it will hang below the lower edge of the bumper by about an inch).

Our bumpers work equally well on flared and de-flared rigs. Flares drove the design, but the outside edge is driven by the curves of the body and looks just as great on de-flared rigs. Whichever setup you have, you will be getting plenty of protection via this bumper.

We include a pack of stainless steel shims so you can get the bumper “just right” in case your rig has any kind of body/frame mis-alignment. All needed hardware to mount bumper is also included.

The bumper is up on our site now (FJ80 Delta Front Bumper), ready for purchase and shipment. As usual with a bumper this size, freight shipment is required. You can save $70 if you have a forklift, and another $70 if you have a commercial address it can go to.

View attachment 1794657
Mine is ordered and paid for I can't wait. That bumpers the bees knees, she's epic, awesome, and good looking.

Can't wait to get her out on the trail!

Now to pick a winch.
Smitty x20
Warn M8000

Thoughts?

Mine is ordered and paid for I can't wait. That bumpers the bees knees, she's epic, awesome, and good looking.

Can't wait to get her out on the trail!

Now to pick a winch.
Smitty x20
Warn M8000

Thoughts?

No responses here to this question, but the general consensus from most people earlier in the thread (and customer requests) is an M8000 would be "far too small". I have the smittybilt 9.5 in my personal rig and have been able to pull the front of the vehicle backwards and sideways up a hill to get me unstuck (with one snatchblock), to give you an idea what that one can do. Pretty sure the reason most folks choose warn is warranty, service, and reliability. Question is "do you want to pay with your wallet today, or your sweat (on the trail, fixing something) tomorrow?"

This bumper can now house much larger winches, so less constraints than before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom