Dealer part, quick question for (I forgot who works at Toyota parts Dept) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
@beno Are you the mud member whom works at a dealer? I have a question regarding a sunroof part number. If it's not you, can you tag whom it is? Please and thank you.
Phil

My question is regarding on 63221-60010. It's listed as the cable guide casing in the computer, does this come with the cables? My parts guy and myself are both scratching our heads at this diagram, as nothing else comes close to a cable description. Here is the image, and pn is highlighted in green.
IMG_20170223_115053783.jpg

Hope this is it, it's not that bad of a price! Otherwise, could there be a different image with the correct pn for a sunroof cable kit, or is the entire cassette required to get the cables?
Thanks in advance
Phil

@cruiserdan can also answer your question if @beno is away from his office.

Dan USED to be behind the counter and trained Beno (Onur). Now, this is Onur's livelihood.

Dan's just hanging around a museum now.........

I think he meant that Hanging around a museum is actually Dans Job. He's the curator of a land cruiser museum, nothing ouch about that! That is a sweet sounding gig.

@cruiserdan can also answer your question if @beno is away from his office.

Dan USED to be behind the counter and trained Beno (Onur). Now, this is Onur's livelihood.

Dan's just hanging around a museum now.........

Dan = Obi-Wan
Beno = Darth Vader

The cables do not come with the casing you mentioned. The cables are 63207 and 63208 in the illustration above.

I see Patton & Sakichi?

I read the history of Toyota in college then moved onto the design of the Lexus LS400.

Hahaha, thanks to @cruiserdan and the rest of you! This could become a pretty funny thread if we let it. I'll get those cables and actually be able to use my window to the sky! Thanks again
Phil

:lol:

Well, that changes things. The part we originally thought it was (sunroof cables(be kind, still new to 80's)) was a couple hundred bucks. The correct pn's (thanks @cruiserdan ) were a bit more. A lot more. The cheapest my guy can do them for is just shy of $800! Holy bejeezus them are some fancy cables! Without looking, has anyone found a cheap alternative to these, other than leaving it closed, junkyard, or rigging a hand crank?! Needing a new gasket as well (which seems to only come with the glass?) and this window to the sky only lets you see the price above you! Well poop. I'm speechless. C'mon Toyota, these things are 20+ years old. Why doesn't the price drop? Perspective, it'll never be discontinued since there will always be some sitting somewhere that folks can't afford! Input?

This is an expensive hobby. It always has been

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom