Darien Gap Jungle Expedition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very cool trip! I have an '81 Canadian market BJ42 fully locked with lift, 8000lb winch on 35's. Sadly not a 70 series but would easily keep up with the pack
I'm assuming you have a gasoline engine and not a coal roller like the rest of us...

BJ42 - most likely a 3B. I think that is the difference between the BJ40 and 42. B engine vs 3B.
All the running gear should be identical, with the exception of the 5sp tranny. The BJ42 can be easily upgraded to the 5sp.

Following with interest.
I hope your expedition doesn't get reduced to that 4x4 reality show from Alaska a few years ago. Feuds, bickering, bragging etc.

BJ42 - most likely a 3B. I think that is the difference between the BJ40 and 42. B engine vs 3B.
All the running gear should be identical, with the exception of the 5sp tranny. The BJ42 can be easily upgraded to the 5sp.

Following with interest.
I hope your expedition doesn't get reduced to that 4x4 reality show from Alaska a few years ago. Feuds, bickering, bragging etc.
The gentlemen that are currently on board are exactly that. Gentlemen. Logical, experienced and thoughtful. I do not see that being a possibility... The truth is that ridiculous behavior is exactly what reality TV wants. This isn't a circus, it's a serious expedition, so with that in mind, we're not going to play into the hands of reality TV. It will be documented. It will be produced. It may be live streamed to a secure server. It will show the actual real time struggles with the expedition. Chances are, we will interview each other when there is free time, but there wont be any acting going on...

Following with interest.

What! No 'Super Jeep' on this expedition? I wasn't sure if that was a reality show or a comedy.
Keep it real Boys, and show everyone how it's done.

UPDATE: After discussions with the team members and with TV producers, it has become apparent that the December 2016 date must be pushed out to December of 2017. This will give us time to contact and get on the radar of sponsors, and to have the time to correctly implement expedition preparations as well as documentation.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

December 2017? Suddenly I'm interested again, but only as a ride along/mechanic/third world experienced 4x4 driver...
Let's talk! Feel free to ping me off line. We are looking for ride alongs with your skill sets and background for sure...

I would do more of a catchers mask type bumper for plowing through the jungle. One decent sized branch is going to rip those light off. Also, for the jungle I would just use led light bars. In the jungle u just need light but not much need for distance.
Agreed. I already had the light forces and want to enjoy them before the expedition. I had planned to remove and replace with LED for the Gap. I needed this bumper to hold a winch big enough to yank 3 trucks tied together up a hill...

Last edited:
This seems to be an awesome enterprise, and a great group of guys, happy to start the crowd fund!
Thank you so much! We will open an account to deposit this in for Darien Gap 2016 LLC! Your contribution is enormously appreciated, and I look forward to your posts and feedback! The team is excite about this opportunity, and we'll be posting updates moving forward. Right now we are looking at a contract from cable TV producers! Chat soon and thank you!

IMG_4402.JPG
IMG_4399.JPG
IMG_4395.JPG
IMG_4394.JPG
IMG_4391.JPG
Gulches off road vehicle park this past Saturday. Overnight camping and more wheeling on Sunday. Skip at Gulches is a great guy, and I'm proud to have such a great ORV park in the great state of South Carolina.

Last edited:
IMG_4411.JPG
IMG_4389.JPG
IMG_4376.JPG
IMG_4375.JPG
IMG_4409.JPG

I just saw that.
I'm not sure it is good news, but it is certainly promising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom