Darasick's Build/Rebuild Thread... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I posted this in 80's Tech to update a thread I started asking for advice and figured it needed to be here as well...

So the front shocks came in. I never could source 2.5" x 2" bushings for the resi mounting, so I ordered the Fox 2.0 resi mount kit, which is 2" x 2",from Poly Performance and they work just fine. Drove it a bit today and I can honestly say that the difference is night and day and that's just with the fronts. I can't quantify the following because i've never had my butt dyno calibrated, but There is much less body roll, much less front end diving during stops, and they suck up bumps extremely well. Overall, it feels much safer. My wife drives 2013 4 Runner and I DD a 2011 F250 and, with just the fronts installed, it rides better than both. Keep in mind that the shocks i'm comparing them too had absolutely no rebound left whatsoever. Here's a picture.

image-4119230941.jpg

I posted this in 80's Tech to update a thread I started asking for advice and figured it needed to be here as well... So the front shocks came in. I never could source 2.5" x 2" bushings for the resi mounting, so I ordered the Fox 2.0 resi mount kit, which is 2" x 2",from Poly Performance and they work just fine. Drove it a bit today and I can honestly say that the difference is night and day and that's just with the fronts. I can't quantify the following because i've never had my butt dyno calibrated, but There is much less body roll, much less front end diving during stops, and they suck up bumps extremely well. Overall, it feels much safer. My wife drives 2013 4 Runner and I DD a 2011 F250 and, with just the fronts installed, it rides better than both. Keep in mind that the shocks i'm comparing them too had absolutely no rebound left whatsoever. Here's a picture.

That's awesome bud they look like quality units and sounds like it was a needed upgrade :)

:meh: he just needs a skinny pedal limiter & he will B fine:flipoff2:

Looks great, but keep bustin' drive shafts and birfs and it won't matter how smooth the ride is........ :flipoff2:

By the way, we want to see a picture of the drive shaft lamp when it's done. :D

Will do. I beat on those Longfields harder than the stock ones were ever beat on and they took every lick. Drive shafts are cheap in the grand scheme of things. The rig is pretty much right where I want it. For those that don't know, below is a picture of my rear drive shaft from SCC... It was a 2 hour extraction and would have been longer without Albert, John, and Bobby's help.

image-2727217829.jpg

I didn't think drive shafts were suppose to look like that :poof:. But I agree with you that is an easier replacements than axle shafts . .

Will do. I beat on those Longfields harder than the stock ones were ever beat on and they took every lick. Drive shafts are cheap in the grand scheme of things. The rig is pretty much right where I want it. For those that don't know, below is a picture of my rear drive shaft from SCC... It was a 2 hour extraction and would have been longer without Albert, John, and Bobby's help.

quality pretzeled :hillbilly:

Finally finished this mount up. It's been in my head for quite a while now. It will be a lot easier to access it on the trail now!

image-2346765378.jpg

^^I'm following this guy^^

darasick said:
Finally finished this mount up. It's been in my head for quite a while now. It will be a lot easier to access it on the trail now!

Very nice looks great bud :) Safe travels to the roundup. Cheers!

Wow that is some big rubber :) have a safe trip .

I wish I were going.

Great to meet you and such a badass 80. That whiskey was the s***.

Same here brother and thanks for the compliment! I thoroughly enjoyed the company on the trails! I'll have more of that ski at the next event.

Marlin's TC gear reduction and Part time 4wd conversion is coming to a theater near you. I'll be using 60 series hubs, RCV's inner hub gears and Lokka's TC spool for the conversion. Won't be much to see after it's done so here's the goods...
image.jpg

image.jpg

Well I've been hearing a grinding/roaring for months now and could never pinpoint it. It looks like I've found it and a bearing kit is on the way to replace all bearings in the TC. I won't be pulling the TC so I think there will be a couple seals and a bearing that won't get the pampering.

So it wasn't a U-Joint? I am sure they needed the dose of grease anyways. I figured you would have pulled the TC and get the Gear reduction knocked out. Best of luck.

:doh: no wonder it takes you so long quit playing with it put it back together sheeesh

Marlin's TC gear reduction and Part time 4wd conversion is coming to a theater near you. I'll be using 60 series hubs, RCV's inner hub gears and Lokka's TC spool for the conversion. Won't be much to see after it's done so here's the goods...View attachment 894331

Very nice I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes and how much improvement you see :cheers: :beer: Woody already gave me the bug talking with him about the gear reduction at SCC last year that going be sweet :clap:

Man that's some nice looking parts you have there. The big ring things goes in the front axle with the free wheeling hubs ? :slap: lol
I'm starting to be the least geared down truck of the bunch now, well I'll go grab a camera and wait at all the obstacles to get pictures :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom