Darasick's Build/Rebuild Thread... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed sound deadener on the roof and floors. I put 2 layers of radiant barrier on the passenger floorboard to go to combat with the heat from the Cats. The doors will come later, I should have enough material left over. Check out my Bling!

How has this held up and did it do as you intended to cut down on noise and heat? I'm think of doing this on my DD to quiet it down. Did you purchase the radiant barrier from Home Depot or Lowes, etc. ?

@Doable I don't think it's cut down much on the noise. I still have the four doors and the two rear quarters to do and from what I read, that makes a real difference.

As far as the heat I would say it made a marginal difference. Unfortunately at the same time I lined the ceiling, I welded the roof rack holes and painted to roof black to hold me over until I can paint the truck. So the black paint isn't helping.

I sourced the radiant barrier from one of those two stores, I just don't remember which.

image.jpg

.With all that work making the trails look easy !

Last edited:
Just stumbled on your build thread. Nice rig and a lot of hard work on her! 4 of us from Tornado Alley Cruisers around K.C., MO just ordered up the 4x4 labs rear bumper kit, and are looking forward to getting them put together.

Great build thread!

Just stumbled on your build thread. Nice rig and a lot of hard work on her! 4 of us from Tornado Alley Cruisers around K.C., MO just ordered up the 4x4 labs rear bumper kit, and are looking forward to getting them put together.

Great build thread!

Thank you sir, as you know, the build is never over, but I like to think that the majority of it is past me!

If good looks, high clearance, and stout are the requirements for a rear bumper you're buying the right one! Good Choice, I have no regrets!

Concur I like mine ! best rear out there IMO

Great build thread!

Tell Marty and Thad more tail time less talk :) You guys build some nice 60's / 80's !

Geez it's been a long time since I did anything to the 80. We decided last week to make the Crawl this year and there were a few things that needed to be addressed.

After sitting in my garage since 2013 and the Doestch Techs way beyond shot, I installed the Radflo rear shocks. I welded some Resi can mounts onto the upper spring bucket to keep them out of harms way.

IMG_5482.JPG

The extended length is identical to the old shocks, but the compressed length is ~.5" longer, so I replaced the 2" bump stop drops with 2.5". This will also keep the 37s out of the inner fender well.

IMG_5483.JPG

I enjoy fabricating, especially when I have access to the right equipment. With that said I absolutely loathe exhaust routing in the driveway, but it had to be done. Last time I rerouted the exhaust I left on both cats and shot through a tiny opening between the frame and the body. This caused the floor to heat up and the exhaust to occasionally rattle against the frame. Pas bon! So out came one Cat and the new routing ensued.

IMG_5484.JPG
IMG_5485.JPG

I also nipped some off of the the bumper wings and back of the rear fender wells to keep them out of the tires when she gets really twisted up.

IMG_5486.JPG

Just have to change the oil and flush the tranny and we'll be northbound Wednesday maybe Thursday. See y'all there!

Last edited:
Have fun on those trails. They won't stop calling my name, but nothing I have is close to ready.

I had thought about heading to the crawl since I haven't been since 08, but decided to head into the Ozark Nat Forest with some friends instead.

Great to hear, have an awesome trip you'll be a welcomed sight to many :cheers:

Another year has passed and the Southern Cruiser Crawl motivated me to get some mods done.

- I took the KM2s off of the Sequoia wheels and mounted them on Walker Evans Beadlocks. The Sequoia wheels will get some more street worthy rubber.

- Installed new leather from LSeat on the two front seats, console and armrest. I went with Bisque and it is a close match. Install was strait forward and time consuming.

- Built a 4x4 Labs front bumper from their kit. I had to wait a couple weeks for them to get the kit for the M12000 through their backlog, but it all showed up. This kit is really nice, but I ended up trimming the stinger too much and could not mount it in time for SCC. This ultimately lead to the passenger wing yielding into my fender and valence. 4x4 labs has been very responsive to my questions and request and will be shipping the replacement components to me as soon as they get payment. Here are some pics of before and after...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom