Daddy you have to keep up with the Foo!!! Build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 1337962

I had to change this ac idler pulley. It started to make some noise on the way home from Arkansas. Much better. I'll change the other idler next time I'll take the battery out.

Must be an Arkansas thing, Dustin and I both had problems with the tensioner while we were down there in June.

Must be an Arkansas thing, Dustin and I both had problems with the tensioner while we were down there in June.
Prolly the amount of mud and water we went through.

IMG_0542.JPG
IMG_0545.JPG
IMG_0549.JPG
IMG_0556.JPG
Well yesterday was a huge day for the lx. Thanks to @2fpower @Robkc @kc_chevota helping me out. Here is my quick review of the supercharger. Around town yes there is a difference on the highway there is substantial difference in be able to pass people go up hills etc. the engine ran around 186 to 194 all the way. It almost feels like you have unlimited amount of power compare to what I had before. I did not push it at all I think I did see 3psi once. I do have to adjust the kick down cable to make it down shift. But the power. I can't say enought about the. It is absolutely worth the investment. Here are a few pics

The kick down cable you mention is just a throutle reference that controls rail pressure. I would tighten it up for firmer quicker shifts. you can advance the throutle position sensor to move the shift map to have it down shift a little sooner

The kick down cable you mention is just a throutle reference that controls rail pressure. I would tighten it up for firmer quicker shifts. you can advance the throutle position sensor to move the shift map to have it down shift a little sooner
You will have to educate me on that. Only shift point I would like to move is when I'm in overdrive around 70ish. Thanks for the help @cjmoon

35 and none.

Superchargers really make up the additional power you need to not have to regear. Several people that I have sold SC to have the same comment. I look at gearing as a $3k hit. SC are about $4,500. Seems like a better investment to me to have all that additional power; however, I may be biased.

You will have to educate me on that. Only shift point I would like to move is when I'm in overdrive around 70ish. Thanks for the help @cjmoon

unfortunately there's no way to adjust just one gear shift. TPS is about the only input that will affect shift points (all at once together)

are you trying to make it hold the gear or down shift quicker? the FSM has an adjustment procedure for stock set point. then play with it just a bit on each side. it will make the trans lag behind or make is aggressive on shift and hold gears longer.

unfortunately there's no way to adjust just one gear shift. TPS is about the only input that will affect shift points (all at once together)

are you trying to make it hold the gear or down shift quicker? the FSM has an adjustment procedure for stock set point. then play with it just a bit on each side. it will make the trans lag behind or make is aggressive on shift and hold gears longer.
My goal is for the trans to down shift quicker when I step on the gas. So the adjustment should be similar to the power button..... ok I'll drive it for a bit before adjusting things and then give it a shot. Thanks for the input @cjmoon

Mine does much the same on not downshifting; however, it seems to be accelerating all the time, meaning, going up a hill, the car is continually accelerating, not bogging down and needing to downshift to give that extra boost of power.

I have gotten used to it and it seems normal now.

View attachment 1347027 View attachment 1347028 View attachment 1347029 View attachment 1347030 Well yesterday was a huge day for the lx. Thanks to @2fpower @Robkc @kc_chevota helping me out. Here is my quick review of the supercharger. Around town yes there is a difference on the highway there is substantial difference in be able to pass people go up hills etc. the engine ran around 186 to 194 all the way. It almost feels like you have unlimited amount of power compare to what I had before. I did not push it at all I think I did see 3psi once. I do have to adjust the kick down cable to make it down shift. But the power. I can't say enought about the. It is absolutely worth the investment. Here are a few pics

Sammy, there's a smudge of dirt on your interior....gonna need you to get that cleaned up asap! ......sorry.....nit picking because I'm JEALOUS!!!! Nice work buddy. What an amazing transformation from day 1.

SUpercharged!.JPG

Sammy, there's a smudge of dirt on your interior....gonna need you to get that cleaned up asap! ......sorry.....nit picking because I'm JEALOUS!!!! Nice work buddy. What an amazing transformation from day 1.

View attachment 1352038
thanks Mike! I was looking at my Facebook this am and exactly two years ago I was taking the head to the machine shop. Yes the lx has come a long way thanks to this family.

IMG_6674.JPG
IMG_6673.JPG
Went out with a few guys to Fulton on New Year's Day. Had a blast. My buddy unfortunately granted his rear diff. On a positive note only took little over an hour to take it out.

IMG_0670.JPG
The parts....two handfuls of shrapnel

Ouch. What vehicle. I have stock 4.10 gears for the 9.5 avalible if needed

Ouch. What vehicle. I have stock 4.10 gears for the 9.5 avalible if needed
It was my buddies Lexus gx470. I'm not sure if we can fit a 9.5 under there. I think he has 3 options. A later model 4Runner axle swap. Solid pinion spacer and gears or a locker. Will see he is talking to east coast gear supply in the am

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom