Daddy you have to keep up with the Foo!!! Build. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0727.JPG
IMG_0734.JPG
IMG_0730.JPG
IMG_0733.JPG
Danica and I and a few members took a quick trip down to the Mark Twain Forest. What a great trip 80 degrees on Saturday picture perfect night and a great company. On the way back I had about a 20 mile per head wind. I managed a 9.4 miles per gallon avg. the supercharger pulled awesome even with the sail on top. Aka the roof top tent

From concept to almost finished product. Thanks to @kc_chevota for all of your help. I learned a ton. We cut both arms of the swing outs off and repositioned them higher so they would clear the gas struts and also build a two jerry can holder along with a high lift jack. All it needs now is little paint.

IMG_6890.JPG

IMG_6892.JPG

IMG_6893.JPG

IMG_0803.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG
IMG_0805.JPG
Lights upgraded to ip68. I hope these will last little longer. But can't complain for 70 bucks for all 4.

I like the the design of the rectangular ones does it actually make it a wide flat beam like a fog light type?

IMG_0811.JPG
IMG_0813.JPG
IMG_0814.JPG
IMG_0815.JPG
Well after helping my father in law with his John Deere 318 engine I discovered that I had a blown fan clutch. Also changed out the plugs to colder one.

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_6991.JPG
Colder plugs and new wires. 1 month and 25 days to departure. Still have to wire up my external fan and we should be ready to go.

IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1053.JPG
Almost that time....I have been working on a punch list for both the towing truck and the lx. The beast is done I just finished wiring up the ac fan and put it in my last switch in the dash. The ford had few more items that were done
Icp sensor
6673 napa air filter mod
All the fluids changed except oil
4 inch exhaust
Egt digital gauge
Dp tuner with 80hp eco/60hp tow and 60hp mountain tow
Drive shaft carrier bearing
Front passenger caliper
Tire rotation
Alignment
Tightened the steering box
Ball joints
4wd vacuum seals
Tie rod ends
Did a maiden voyage with our camper which is about he same weight as the trailer/lx combo and did pretty good pulling through the ozarks. We are going again this weeekend and I'll get to test out the new tunes.

2 more weeks to Moab/Colorado

Pictures do not do that hill justice.

Pictures do not do that hill justice.
It was one of the best trails I have done so far. Not difficult but yet pucker factor was 1,000,000. But so glad I did it. Especially when I was passed the water fall and it started to rain super hard and I did not hug wall enough and my lx started to slide. Yeah that was fun. Danica jumped out pretty quick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom