Custom 3d Printed Overhead Consoles for 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have started printing some overhead consoles for the 80 series trucks. There a few to choose from. Gray and tan/oak. Im planning making a few other designs. Maybe one for a CB radio, a blank plate so you can cut your own holes, and anything else that you guys might have a need for. Let me know what you think. You cannot use the factory sun visors with these. I have the LS400 visors on my trucks and the consoles work fine with them. They have the same footprint as the factory consoles with the aux fuel gauge/compass/altimeter that were available in the Japanese and European market. There are tapped holes in the roof for the rear mounting bolts, but I don't think they are really needed unless you plan to put something heavy in the console.

$100 Shipped in the lower 48.

This one has a hole for a 2” gauge along with a little display I found on Amazon. It has a clinometer, GPS speedo (KPH/MPH), GPS altimeter (feet/meters), GPS coordinates, voltage, compass, and clock. It retails for about $50 on Amazon. I have used it for a few months and it seems to work well.
Amazon product ASIN B08ZHDKQ6GView attachment 3251386
View attachment 3251410
This one has 3 flat holes for 2” gauges
View attachment 3251411

This one is for a 2” gauge and an 8 port Auxbeam switch panel.

View attachment 3251395

View attachment 3251405
How do I get one on order?
Tan left hand drive. 2" gauge and Walmart compass
Thanks

Another great install! Thought I gotta drop my wolfbox mirror bracket
IMG_3238.jpeg
IMG_3237.jpeg
IMG_3236.jpeg

What bracket is this?!?? I’ve been using my wolfbox for a few months and love it, but it’s just strapped to the OEM mirror.

Here’s the eBay vendor that I used, let them know that you want #80 see attached picture.

Keep in mind if you plan to use it with the overhead console the bracket will need to be modified. But it works fine with out the console.

IMG_3243.jpeg

Here’s the eBay vendor that I used, let them know that you want #80 see attached picture.

Keep in mind if you plan to use it with the overhead console the bracket will need to be modified. But it works fine with out the console.

View attachment 3544844
Thanks! I appreciate you sharing the info and the warning on the overhead console compat.

Is it possible a 3" diameter gauge version could be created? I have contacted a gauge manufacturer in regards to a 3" diameter triple gauge with Fuel, EGT and Boost for turbo equipped trucks. The Fuel could be used to monitor a subtank or alky injection levels.

I have started printing some overhead consoles for the 80 series trucks. There a few to choose from. Gray and tan/oak. Im planning making a few other designs. Maybe one for a CB radio, a blank plate so you can cut your own holes, and anything else that you guys might have a need for. Let me know what you think. You cannot use the factory sun visors with these. I have the LS400 visors on my trucks and the consoles work fine with them. They have the same footprint as the factory consoles with the aux fuel gauge/compass/altimeter that were available in the Japanese and European market. There are tapped holes in the roof for the rear mounting bolts, but I don't think they are really needed unless you plan to put something heavy in the console.

$100 Shipped in the lower 48.

This one has a hole for a 2” gauge along with a little display I found on Amazon. It has a clinometer, GPS speedo (KPH/MPH), GPS altimeter (feet/meters), GPS coordinates, voltage, compass, and clock. It retails for about $50 on Amazon. I have used it for a few months and it seems to work well.
Amazon product ASIN B08ZHDKQ6GView attachment 3251386
View attachment 3251410
This one has 3 flat holes for 2” gauges
View attachment 3251411

This one is for a 2” gauge and an 8 port Auxbeam switch panel.

View attachment 3251395

View attachment 3251405
I'm interested in one. I messaged you yesterday.

Last edited:
I've also installed the 3D overhead console. Very happy with it.
Many thanks to @Ballsie for great modeling and printing.
Space was left for an 8-switch Auxbeam control panel as well as a fuel gauge for the secondary tank.
Since the sun visors are hitting the console, I ordered two Lexus LS400 sun visors.
They also have lighting, which the originals did not have, and the ability to slide out on their axis.
I installed the sun visors with an angle, which were also printed by @Ballsie that will allow them to open to the side without hitting the ceiling.
Upper console 1.jpeg
Upper console 2.jpeg
Upper console 3.jpeg
Upper console 5.jpeg
Upper console 6.jpeg

Space was left for an 8-switch Auxbeam control panel as well as a fuel gauge for the secondary tank.
Since the sun visors are hitting the console, I ordered two Lexus LS400 sun visors.
They also have lighting, which the originals did not have, and the ability to slide out on their axis.
I installed the sun visors with an angle, which were also printed by @Ballsie that will allow them to open to the side without hitting the ceiling.View attachment 3549188View attachment 3549189View attachment 3549190View attachment 3549191View attachment 3549192
Where did you order the visors from? New?

I installed the sun visors with an angle, which were also printed by @Ballsie that will allow them to open to the side without hitting the ceiling.View attachment 3549188View attachment 3549189View attachment 3549190View attachment 3549191View attachment 3549192
Nice work work looks good 👍

Visors come from a late 90s LS 400 with solve function mounts. Search your local junk yards or take it online like place like eBay you’ll pay anywhere $20-$80 per visor. Keep in mind that they’re not as big as stock 80’s visor. So here in the southwest I find the winter sunrise likes to find cracks between the rear mirror and visor… BUT the bulkieness of the center console helps with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom