Custom 3d Printed Overhead Consoles for 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can get some measurements when I get home from work. What are you wanting to put in there? I might be able to design it so there will be no cutting. Im not sure how easy it will be to make a clean cut into the ABS plastic without it melting.

Possibly a battery monitor. Or if it existed, a smaller multi function display like the one in your first post.

this is one options

Amazon product ASIN B0BC4Q3P26
Or worst case a Victron simple round one, but just not as nice aesthetically for this application.

Possibly a battery monitor. Or if it existed, a smaller multi function display like the one in your first post.

this is one options

Amazon product ASIN B0BC4Q3P26
Or worst case a Victron simple round one, but just not as nice aesthetically for this application.
Gray one installed with visors from a 2000 Ls400.

20230330_193106.jpg

Cool idea! how do they attach? two bolts in the rear and the front is just clamped by the light assembly?
Any chance you'd ship them to europe too?

Last edited:
PM Sent for an order. let me know!

Well, I have all of my parts ready to go, including new visors.. are you still making these? Anyone have contact info for him?

Very nice. Let me know if you want to mock something up for 200's. I'm in ATX.

Hi, I am very interesting with your 3D printed over head console. If I paie you, is it possible to do one spécial for me ? Or may be could you send me the file for do it with a 3D printer ?
Thank you by advance

Cool idea! how do they attach? two bolts in the rear and the front is just clamped by the light assembly?
Any chance you'd ship them to europe too?
There are holes for the rear, but you don't need to use them. The 2 regular mounting points for the factory bezel holds everything just fine.
I don't mind shipping to Europe if you pay for the ride. No clue what it would cost. Cheers

IMG_2898.jpeg

Decided to fill and paint to match exactly since I was painting the mirror. Awesome part. Thank you.

How do we order one and what is your pricing?

Also just one minor thing: did have to trim for clearance of the power sunroof motor

IMG_2893.jpeg
IMG_2895.jpeg

I have started printing some overhead consoles for the 80 series trucks. There a few to choose from. Gray and tan/oak. Im planning making a few other designs. Maybe one for a CB radio, a blank plate so you can cut your own holes, and anything else that you guys might have a need for. Let me know what you think. You cannot use the factory sun visors with these. I have the LS400 visors on my trucks and the consoles work fine with them. They have the same footprint as the factory consoles with the aux fuel gauge/compass/altimeter that were available in the Japanese and European market. There are tapped holes in the roof for the rear mounting bolts, but I don't think they are really needed unless you plan to put something heavy in the console.

$100 Shipped in the lower 48.

This one has a hole for a 2” gauge along with a little display I found on Amazon. It has a clinometer, GPS speedo (KPH/MPH), GPS altimeter (feet/meters), GPS coordinates, voltage, compass, and clock. It retails for about $50 on Amazon. I have used it for a few months and it seems to work well.
Amazon product ASIN B08ZHDKQ6GView attachment 3251386
View attachment 3251410
This one has 3 flat holes for 2” gauges
View attachment 3251411

This one is for a 2” gauge and an 8 port Auxbeam switch panel.

View attachment 3251395

View attachment 3251405
Hey mate I live in Australia and I would like to just buy the design so that I can print my own one for my own car please. I want the one with the 8 switch panel mount: https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachments/img_0614-jpg.3251405/ is there any way I can just get the .stl file? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom