Cruiser life again and carnage (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally found another cruiser, about 3 year hiatus, but have carnage to deal with. Inspected this morning, will need to source the axle and spindle before I can baseline and start the mod craziness.

If anyone in the Seattle area has any of the hard parts I would interested in picking them up.
On Tow truck.jpg
Spindle.jpg
Axle Stub.jpg

Last edited:
Well that looks like it got VERY HOT!!!!!! Brindleboxer You might want to pass this suggestion on to the guy you bought it from. When the axle starts making LOUD grinding noises, and smoke is pouring out, you just might want to STOP driving it.

Well it looks like you completed the hard part. I am sure that was fun getting apart. Welcome back and congrats on getting the Birf job done nice and early.

What I was told is he was driving on the interstate and got a "wobble" butt by the time he slowed and got over the wheel was siting at a 45 to the truck and it ripped of the front corner trim from the bumper. When I got into it the only thing holding it on was the calipers and that is also toast.
As previously suggested I will be rebuilding both sides and replacing pretty much everything from the knuckle out. I would like to buy everything as one kit but as stated earlier I cannot find anyone listing the spindle components as a kit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The silver lining is for what I was able to pick it up for I have money left over to do this and possibly a lift/sliders.

Last edited:
What I was told is he was driving on the interstate and got a "wobble" butt by the time he slowed and got over the wheel was siting at a 45 to the truck and it ripped of the front corner trim from the bumper. When I got into it the only thing holding it on was the calipers and that is also toast.
As previously suggested I will be rebuilding both sides and replacing pretty much everything from the knuckle out. I would like to buy everything as one kit but as stated earlier I cannot find anyone listing the spindle components as a kit. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
The silver lining is for what I was able to pick it up for I have money left over to do this and possibly a lift/sliders.
Cruiser Outfitters
@cruiseroutfit
CruiserTeq
These guys should have everything you need. Call them, as they are VERY knowledgeable and helpful! Their prices are also competitive. One stop shop for the front axle stuff!

'Tis but a flesh wound.

Looks clean!
Also in the area. Where'd you find it? Mind sharing how much you picked it up for?
Always curious what they're going for in the area.

Still trying to get the axle wrapped up. Question, does the passenger side knuckle only have two studs on the bottom (unlike the four on the drivers)?

Do you have something upside down?

Don't believe so, the passenger side was together and I just got to looking at it today. Seeing the previous lack of preventative maintenance I would not be surprised if something is awry. Looking under it I can only actually see one nut.

do you mind posting a picture?

personally i think you need to replace the one you have and add 3 more. the one you have will have had a hard time holding that and will not be the as strong as you want it.

glad you caught it in place of someone else figuring it out while you and the family were injured or dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom