Cruiser life again and carnage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Either way... don't drive it until you have a replacement knuckle or studs.... @slow95z told me that is the side that is in highest demand. You might be able to save that one, and if you do... maybe treat yourself to some nut huggers @NLXTACY

Yeah, the passenger side gets it from both sides and wiggles loose.

If you see my original photos of the drivers side this would not surprise. I went into his with the intention to replace everything on he front axle, minus gears, and hen start baselining other items from there. Overall the truck is clean I jus have a lot of mechanical stuff to go over before I put it on he road and definitely no off road.

Wait, you still don't have them? Whats your order # and I will check.
it is 14621. It wasn't a failure on your end. USPS here is the type that throws any remaining items in a dumpster when they decide to call it a day.

That's mucho loco man. Glad you caught that. I am going to go out right now and check mine. YIKES.

What I was told is he was driving on the interstate and got a "wobble" butt by the time he slowed and got over the wheel was siting at a 45 to the truck and it ripped of the front corner trim from the bumper. When I got into it the only thing holding it on was the calipers and that is also toast.
Man once you are done with the front end that thing is going to feel completely different. Just to let you know, doing the rear is very simple and much quicker. Not that it is needed, but you might want to at least open it up and repack them after seeing this other stuff.

It takes a lot to scare me about other vehicles on the road, but this is scary s***. if that stud broke on the highway that wheel would flop and send you siiiiiiiiiiiiideways or upsidedown QUICK.

Not before the molten spindle on the other side did the same, at which point you just fall on to the axle housing and grind your way to a straight stop faster than the stock brakes could help you do so.

Wow that truck has some very serious neglected maintenance. Between the roasted spindle and the missing knuckle studs (yes there should be 4 each side, damn), it's a (barely) rolling accident. You have got to wonder what else is bad. Bent trailing arms? Missing panhard bar? Make very sure you go over everything, we don't want to read about a flipped 80 anywhere. Maybe clean on top, but that underside stuff is very scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom