Cruise Moab 2012 Pictures (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

On Sunday we ran Arch Canyon. Some shots of the ruin.

4-29-2012_1.jpg

4-29-2012_2.jpg

4-29-2012_3.jpg

Views from the top. In the first pic; #1 is Arch Canyon, #2 is Hotel Rock trail turn, #3 is the first overlook, the ruin is right under it in the canyon and #4 is Hotel Rock.

4-29-2012_22.jpg

4-29-2012_23.jpg

4-29-2012_24.jpg

We should show that sign around the TRAL meeting. It baffles me that they can post that stuff in Moab but it's unthinkable here.:confused:

That one, along with several others will be forwarded to them.

Breathtaking !

I like the picture of the "cut" diagonally into the cliff face. The construction of that had to be something to behold :eek:

So I'll start a series of a few pics from the "Detour to CruiseMoab" trip that Claudia and I took this time:

Bridge at Marble Canyon - Colorado River coming from Lee's Ferry - two of the Condors that live in the Vermillion Cliffs hanging out on the bridge

DSC_3080.jpg

DSC_3085.jpg

DSC_3090.jpg

I was behind that stinky 80 all day long :crybaby:

by the end of the day, I could have been convinced that diesel was a fragrance :rolleyes:

It's good mosquito repellent. Did you see any? No I thought as much, it really does work ;)

Rocks along the way - a quick (but rather limited...) impression of White Pocket - heading north on House Rock Valley Road

DSC_3139.jpg

DSC_3203.jpg

DSC_3308.jpg

Last edited:
Going North on Cottonwood Canyon Road before dropping into the Paria River valley - colored rocks besides the road - evening view from the porch of our cabin in Kodachrome Basin State Park.

DSC_3322.jpg

DSC_3356.jpg

DSC_3377.jpg

As usual in this parts of the country: who thought that it was a great idea to put a road there in the first place, and why did they close it for vehicle travel? :) - view from outside the actual Kodachrome basin towards northwest

DSC_3386.jpg

DSC_3418.jpg

After Kodachrome: Highway 12, scenic in it's own right, between all the rental cars at the overlooks along the way. Two pics, and it's time to hit the Burr trail down towards Capitol Reef NP and Lake Powell...

DSC_3445.jpg

DSC_3457.jpg

DSC_3473.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom