Craigslist Find - Opinions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I found this on CL yesterday. Truck as 243K and appears is excellent shape, minus some paint oxidation on the hood. Seller claims it was in a fender bender requiring only the DS fender, bumper, headlight replacement. No frame damage.

Really like the color and interior condition. What's this worth? $6800 seems steep.

If the frame is as clean as the rest then I'd vote yes.

edit: I just read salvage title - Change vote to no. Maybe 5k max at that point if its stupid clean. You could probably get that back.

Yeah it's really clean and not a bad color. Lots of hard to find toys and things such as the sunroof shade, shifter knobs (have you priced these lately!?) 5-speed etc. Yeah the 3.0... oh well. It's been almost 3 days and still for sale. So price is probably negotiable. If the salvage title doesn't concern you it sounds pretty good.

Check w your insurance to make sure you can get satisfactory coverage on a vehicle with a salvage title.
Steep price unless everything works and frame is clean, even still offer $4k-$4500 with intend to buy for $5k

Ask why the salvage title. Request CARFAX and pictures of frame . Too steep for salvaged vehicle. IMO

Agreed that price is way too high for a tarnished title. Too bad about the 3.slow.

Echo, asking price is too high for a salvage title. Before purchase I would take it to an alignment shop and make sure everything is straight. I would also crawl under it and check for frame cracks and wrinkles.

If you plan to keep it for a long time and just drive it then the salvage title isn't that big a deal IMO, assuming it wasn't because of frame damage that it was salvaged. It looks to be in really good condition. That price is too high though...even out in Western Washington where they seem to ask a lot for these rigs, that's still high. I'd say $4000 would be more appropriate. I doubt he/she will sell it for that price. Keep an eye on it and then offer less.

I think that without the salvage title that's a $7,000-$7,500 4Runner. I just had no clue how salvage title impacts the value of 1st Gen 4Runners as they are heading into classic territory.

Seller sent me a note that the truck sold on Sunday for $6300.

For classic cars, not many people care about mileage or clean vs salvage titles. Its all about the condition of the vehicle. I suspect 1st gen 4Runners are headed that way too. Perhaps it's too soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom