craigslist cruiser crap

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star

1MOA

SILVER Star
Yup, too high for a 30yo JDM vehicle. Get out your Geiger counter too...
Funny you say that I have a guy I know at customs and told me how you can take a Vin# and the japanese embassy will tell you where it was registered and the parking permit was issued. He said the registration corresponds to what Prefecture you lived in ( like county or district here in the US)
He said more telling is the parking permit that every vehicle in Japan must have even if it is abandoned or broken down.
He said anything from f***ushima,Miyagi,Ibaraki,or Tochigi should be considered VERY suspect.
If it had a lapse in the parking permit from March 2011 on it was probably flood damaged and sold for scrap.
He said all kinds of dealers take them to the Philippines where they did not or do not recognize a japanese junk title get a clean one then import it right to the US

iptman

Holy hell!! Looks like it's been stored in a chicken house.

Has anyone taken a look at this '85 60? What do you all think of the price? What would I need to look at/worry about if I stop by to see it (found a good FJ60 guide here Land Cruiser FJ60, FJ62 Restoration )?

Last edited:

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Has anyone taken a look at this '85 60? What do you all think of the price? What would I need to look at/worry about if I stop by to see it (found a good FJ60 guide here Land Cruiser FJ60, FJ62 Restoration )?

What's your intent? Collector? Wheeler? It's tempting to say that it's too nice to build and 'wheel. Plus, remember that it's essentially just a 4-door 40, which is just a 2-door tractor.

My advice: Buy an 80...but you knew I'd say that. I hear @b4wheeler might be talked out of his.

What's your intent? Collector? Wheeler? It's tempting to say that it's too nice to build and 'wheel. Plus, remember that it's essentially just a 4-door 40, which is just a 2-door tractor.

My advice: Buy an 80...but you knew I'd say that. I hear @b4wheeler might be talked out of his.
I've always been a 60 and a 120 guy. One is twice as good as the other after all...

Top Bottom