Cottonland Electronic Devices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's my patented Operation Overland Expedition Edition Mobile Communications Command Center®...

I can even have Bodean print your favorite logo on the side for a small fee.

Cam dont forget the speed holes to prevent jarbidge esque drowning scenarios ;)

Sometimes but we get tired of charging those dang radios! lol

I didn't really need one but my bride didn't want me to feel left out I guess.

My quick grip location sucked. The place I screwed it in was foam. Lame.

This spot is better.

IMG_2064.JPG

With that power, y'all are gonna need to get your licenses.
We'll do that but who would actually come "get us" for breaking the law? Just wondering. Does the FCC actually have an enforcement arm?

The HAM forums seem to think so - they kind of self regulate too. But the enforcers are more apt to go after someone who broadcasts illegal content or becomes a nuisance to others.

My theory is as long as you stay on simplex no one is going to out you. You start messing with going through repeaters and someone might report you.

We'll do that but who would actually come "get us" for breaking the law? Just wondering. Does the FCC actually have an enforcement arm?

The answer to the 2nd part is YES.....the actual reality of going after a mobile user is almost impossible, unless someone was dumb enough to provide identifying information "while on air". Just on principle it would be good to get the license though, its not that bad. I would imagine most enforcement actions are against the base station type idiots running illegal power on improper frequencies and or broadcasting "stupidity"...which attracts a lot of attention. I would also guess that with todays technology it does not take too long to determine the source of offending broadcasts, especially where the transmitting station remains in a fixed location.

I too would offer to stay off repeaters if not "legal".... but again as noted almost impossible to find a mobile unit anyway.

Do the "right" thing....

Well we all use code names so we're good! lol

and use British accents....

long long ago a "license" was required for CB...but after some time those in power figured out that quest was mission impossible. With HAM in my view the license requirement helps deal with the idiot factor and the ability to somewhat control the population of those using the devices, plus depending on what HAM equipment is in use...transmit range can be incredible. All things aside...the license for 2meter(tech) is easy and requires a couple of nights of reviewing the practice test material, as I recall the license is good for like 10 years at a time and I think the renewal is probably just paying some minor fee for the privilege.

Just saying the license is easy to get and not very painful on the study side (even knowing nothing about the content)

A new sound system for the 40. It was about $70 on amazon and fits into a 3 inch mounting space. I didn't need the speedo, but it could be put anywhere there is room. It's marine grade, a radio, weather radio, plays MP3 and other formats, and is blue tooth. It has rca inputs, a USB charger and an antenna input. Sounds good too.

IMG_9282.JPG
IMG_9278.JPG

Planet Audio PGR35B Gauge MECH-LESS Multimedia Player (no CD or DVD), Receiver, with Audio Streaming Amazon.com: Planet Audio PGR35B Gauge MECH-LESS Multimedia Player (no CD or DVD), Receiver, with Audio Streaming: Car Electronics

That is a great idea! Might have to pick one of those up for the buggy ;)

Got another drone joining the fray, hopefully it will be here for the March meeting. Taking a chance on the newly re-released GoPRO Karma. Wanted to buy a new GoPro any way, somehow it makes sense in my mind to buy the package that comes with all of it.... who knows. Hopefully they really fixed the battery latch this time. It did look suspect on the videos of the first wave that I saw with my perfect hindsight vision.

Got another drone joining the fray, hopefully it will be here for the March meeting. Taking a chance on the newly re-released GoPRO Karma. Wanted to buy a new GoPro any way, somehow it makes sense in my mind to buy the package that comes with all of it.... who knows. Hopefully they really fixed the battery latch this time. It did look suspect on the videos of the first wave that I saw with my perfect hindsight vision.

@wngrog is the go pro / drone king.....he can give you some pointers for sure!

y'all can have dueling drones in march.......

You probably have a Samsung phone don't you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom