Cool cars and CLC chat (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BBT is going to get uglier...

image.jpeg

All you overlanders here: pay close attention. This "heater core intake breather extension" is essential to keeping water out of your truck when taking on water crossings.

That dude is an idiot. Heater core breather extension...wtf. I'm waiting for the follow up video in the summer when the floorboard gets wet only when it's sunny with the ac on.

Yep, total idiot. What I don't understand is how he thinks that's the only possible place water could have entered. If the whole front of the truck was underwater, there are more than a couple places that water could have, and obviously did get into the cabin. Anyone who has any experience working on vehicles should understand that they're not built to keep water out in the case of submersion. I would say it's a case of water-resistant, not water-proof.

I checked out a few of his other videos and I have to say that this appears to be one of the more intelligent ones, unfortunately. He plans to do a SAS of his 100 series.

The interesting thing I find about his "trail ride" is that it is at Barney Riley trail at the border of CA and NV. It is also the crossing where Stayner dunked his minitruck for 4 days. And the dude is an idiot.

Yep, total idiot. What I don't understand is how he thinks that's the only possible place water could have entered. If the whole front of the truck was underwater, there are more than a couple places that water could have, and obviously did get into the cabin. Anyone who has any experience working on vehicles should understand that they're not built to keep water out in the case of submersion. I would say it's a case of water-resistant, not water-proof.

I checked out a few of his other videos and I have to say that this appears to be one of the more intelligent ones, unfortunately. He plans to do a SAS of his 100 series.

So you are saying your brother shouldn't open his door while you are stuck in water 8" above the door sill? Good to know.

Worth 5 minutes; this guy is to kites what some of you are to cruisers.

Share this video

Very cool.

Don't beat yourself up; hindsight is always 20/20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom