Cool cars and CLC chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i admit to tearing up a bit when Wick's dog was killed - go get'em Daisy

Welcome home.

Honda Pilot got dumped.

Wife stepped up her game.
IMG_6298.JPG

IMG_6288.JPG

IMG_6287.JPG

Anybody over here ever messed with a TDI VW? I got an 06.5 mkV that is exhibiting symptoms of a bad cam, but it literally just started all at once so I'm hesitant to tear the top end down to see.

As with most things, I can get parts, but not sure if I want to tackle it, but getting 40-45 mpg sure is nice when you drive a minimum of 90-100 miles a day. Plus, its paid for.

Anyway, just curious. @offr0adlim0 any tdi's ever roll into 49T?

Why can't they just build a modern day FJ40? Too expensive? BS! If fools will pay 90k for a 2017 Cruiser they will pay 40-50 for a new FJ40.

X 1 billion. Absolutely horrendous.

Toyota is done for me in the US market.

The 4Runner (especially the TRDPro) is quality, good looking, capable 4wd.

Beyond that, everything else is too luxury to wheel, watered down or just plain meh.

What bodean said: Jeep has never fully abandoned the concept that made them famous.

I don't mind them selling this garbage to "hipster millenials" or "casual core" buyers (actual quotes from the press conference), but why not offer the real deal as well? FJ Company and others have proven their market for them.

They said it had mechanical 4WD, but it's wishbone suspension all the way 'round.

Yeah, the US military tried that four corner wishbone a few decades ago. It didn't end well. We used them in USAF Combat Communications back in the early 80's and they would roll over much too easily. They replaced them with the Humvee which was large enough that we no longer had to pull the 1/4 ton trailers we all like so much now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom