Connector pigtail? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brettk

SILVER Star
Threads
So I was in the middle of removing my fuel filter and before I put it back in, I noticed this wire detached from the connecter. I’m not exactly sure what it is, but it’s located under the intake manifold right in front of the starter.

6786B2D0-D88C-46F7-980C-01BCFB4F00E2.jpeg

I have a pin removal tool, but it doesn’t seem to want to come out. Do you all know of a part number for this pigtail before I go to hacking up my harness?

C617BA16-5042-47C6-A6B5-D3820EE915E9.jpeg

Observations. That connector is two pieces. It needs to come apart. The terminals used are just standard 1/4" barrel crimp spades. If you have the correct plyers/crimper, and the spade terminals, this is an easy fix. See the pic. The plyers pictured make the correct roll-over crimp. A small flat blade screwdriver will push the tab down so you can get the terminal out of the connector.

connectors-sm.jpg

Reactions: KLF
This is what the roll-over crimp will look like.

terminal-sm.jpg

Totally agree. Get the connector unpinned, crimp a new spade connector. I seriously doubt you'd be able to find that "pigtail", you'd have to go find one in a junkyard and cut it off.

Nice job on the crimp, @pappy

Thanks for the help! Sorry that initial picture was a bad one, it was the side where the wires broke off. This is the side that plugs into the other end. Doesn’t look like a barrel crimp, but I’ll see if I can remove it tonight and update you guys.

97AD5BC5-D95D-40AE-9034-32D5E92F6CA5.jpeg

Something tells me that is not factory. That almost looks like one of the Packard connectors. Here is the terminal for those.

packard-sm.jpg

That’s exactly what that looks like. It wouldn’t surprise me (maybe even a little impressed?). I also had to do a little repair work from the PO while I was in there where they used black electrical tape to connect some wires on the part of the harness that runs to the 02 sensor.

Thanks for your help men!

See the Delcity link.

Turns out it was an aftermarket job like @pappy said. It was an extra connector (identical to the starter but with a packard internal) on the way to the oil pressure switch. I cut both ends, crimped them together and heat shrunk them. Thanks for the expertise all!

And did the oil pressure gauge work? Asking because mine does not.
Make sure to connect the wire to the center button/nipple on the sender, not the spade or you will fry your gauge.

Looks right. I bought some cheapos off Amazon and they work fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom