SOLD Colorado Springs, CO - 1965 FJ45 LPB Patina (US Spec) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need to sell my FJ45 LPB - Love this truck and is part of American Toyota history. This was lovingly preserved by JP (@ClemsonCruiser) a few years back. I've maintained it as it was and have replaced the windshield/gasket, had the original starter rebuild and got a few things working that were once not. I'd hope someone who will keep her original will buy it. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM.
Asking : $28,500

Original Preservation thread:

45-1.jpg
45-4.jpg
45-3.jpg
45-2.jpg
45-5.jpg

45-1.jpg

45-2.jpg

Such a great truck. Timing just isn't there for me. GLWS.

next owner needs to remove like 20 rear leafs or so 😁 my back hurts just looking at those. 😁

curious if you have any pics of the passenger rear tailgate corner/ sill hinge area? any pics of tailgate down in that area? just trying to assess rot in that area.

next owner needs to remove like 20 rear leafs or so 😁 my back hurts just looking at those. 😁

curious if you have any pics of the passenger rear tailgate corner/ sill hinge area? any pics of tailgate down in that area? just trying to assess rot in that area.
Tim,
Just saw this so here are some pics. JC may know the full story but it was special purposed on the original farm and obviously had most weight on the driver side (i.e the 12 spring pack) The bed fender wells were notched as well to fit. it was done well and is part of this ones story. Doesn't ride bad empty but even nicer when loaded. I've included a pic of the bed too. No rust through on this truck that I've found; still solid. They was some damage to the pass tailgate corner at some point. Could be repaired if desired.
image0 (1).jpeg
image1.jpeg
image5 (1).jpeg
image3 (1).jpeg
image2 (1).jpeg

.... and the new owner use Fertan a bit 4 this Can.... please .....;)
.....easy to work with & it`s no "time consumer".
@ #471

Cheers

please do not show the video the guys and gals in 40 Forum
stays @ The FJ45 Owners Club
.... thanks. :)

Forgotten:
In dry areas like Callifornia, Arizona, etc...... less humidity.
I would use only Fertan, it will last longer rust-free there without any after-treatment with Fluid- Film
or anything else....than in areas with more humidity.
Would test it.
And if you see some little rust spots again,....spray it again . Not a big deal & not expensive.

Last edited:
cool stuff.....Eastwood carries a similar product called Rust Coverter which woeks real well. An acid or alkalyd which converts and seals. great stuff- and for this amount of surface patina in the rear bed......it would almost turns a black color when converting that much surface rust.......so it would look fairly uniform and even without ruining the patina look.

Last edited:
Need to sell my FJ45 LPB - Love this truck and is part of American Toyota history. This was lovingly preserved by JP (@ClemsonCruiser) a few years back. I've maintained it as it was and have replaced the windshield/gasket, had the original starter rebuild and got a few things working that were once not. I'd hope someone who will keep her original will buy it. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM.
Asking : $28,500

Original Preservation thread:

View attachment 2242491View attachment 2242494View attachment 2242493View attachment 2242492View attachment 2242495

View attachment 2242491

View attachment 2242492
Sold over the weekend. She went to a good home that will keep him preserved. Very happy. I'll let the new owner chime-in when he is ready. Thanks for the memories Oliver!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom