Color for body side molding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Somebodyelse5

16124-75030
SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys I need to replace the body side molding on the DS rear quarter panel, P/N 75652-60170, but I am having a hard time determining what color I need.

My Color and Trim Code: 1B1/LA40 (champagne pearl...'silver')

All of the online parts websites have a 'medium gray' and a 'grayish beige' option. Does anyone know which/how to determine which I have?

Link to parts page:
EXTERIOR TRIM - QUARTER PANEL for 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

No idea myself, but google up one of the touch up paint companies and e-mail them - alternately give your VIN to a dealer and ask for the part number.

This is a VERY common issue (the trim color AND wheel color), one for which I have never been able to find an answer. I suggest we don't let this thread die without a resolution......unfortunately, I don't know a source for the answer (I even had the wheel color scanned and couldn't get it right)

I am not the best at searching but I can get you a start. I found two different Toyota Technical Service Bulletins (for 2000 and 2004) that list color codes, I will put the links below. There are multiple vehicles in each TSB, scroll to find the LC data. I think all you need is the main body color then go across to find the corresponding cladding color name and code.

2000 TSB for color codes

2004 TSB for color codes

I am not the best at searching but I can get you a start. I found two different Toyota Technical Service Bulletins (for 2000 and 2004) that list color codes, I will put the links below. There are multiple vehicles in each TSB, scroll to find the LC data. I think all you need is the main body color then go across to find the corresponding cladding color name and code.

2000 TSB for color codes

2004 TSB for color codes
@LBridges that is AWESOME! That's the answer to the question - at least for those of us with 2000 and 2004 model years (I'm confident other years are the same, but I don't know which ones). Now, do you know where to find similar information for actual paint codes for our wheels?

I have a black 2000 model. I can tell you from past experience that the TSB is wrong as it relates to my car.

I was able to figure out the exact trim color I had by using my VIN in some of the online OEM parts stores (mine's a LX470 so I used lexuspartsnow.com) and then also matched it with the options of colors when I searched the part on t o y o d i y . c o m .

-Ferg

Did you find the paint codes for the trim mold? That is a feat we could not accomplish last summer so i had oreilly paint center scan the rear bumper and mix matching paint. You could find my pics if you look but mine is champaigne pearl too.

Edit: I was sorta off actually...fixed info...

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing for sure, but I found the paint codes for the body and trim pieces I was looking for... My LX470 is Blue with Gray molding/trim and using t o y o d i y . c o m , I decoded my VIN to see "COLOR CODE: 8P6" and "TRIM CODE: LG10".

The piece I was looking for is 75850A in the image (highlighted in yellow, but for the RH side) my choices for my truck when I entered my VIN were:

75850A MOULDING ASSY, BODY ROCKER PANEL, RH
75850-60010-A2 WHITE PEARL CS., 070
75850-60010-B0 GRAY ME., 6T2 , 8P6
75850-60010-D0 DK. GRAY M., 1E9 , 202
75850-60010-E2 BEIGE PEARL CS., 4R2

Then as a second check to verify I had the correct part, I plugged in all those part numbers on Lexuspartsnow.com using my VIN, and the only one that it showed was a correct match, was the "75850-60010-B0 GRAY ME., 6T2 , 8P6". Kinda convoluted way to figure it out I guess, but I'm confident it is correct. I also have the luxury of decoding my VIN on the Club Lexus forum at VIN Decoder - Club Lexus Forums, while that one won't tell me my exact colors (not that I could find anyway), it tells me all the names of the possible colors for that year.

Black Onyx - (Black) - 202
Blizzard Pearl - (White) - 070
Blue Vapor Metallic - (Blue) - 8P6
Eucalyptus Mica - (Gray) - 6T2
Galactic Gray Mica - (Gray) - 1E9
Sand Dollar Pearl - (Gold) - 4R2

FWIW, I haven't ordered this replacement panel yet cause it is about $350 plus shipping and I'm not so sure mine is really in that bad of shape... heh

LX-trim.jpg

Last edited:
Also, is there any rhyme or reason why the metal under the trim on the doors comes in two colors? body vs molding?

Mine is natural white, 2003, with the light greyish beige metallic molding/bumpers as well as the metal under the door moldings, while most that i've seen are body color in that area.

Could it be that it is something gulf coast toyotas have?

So the dealer confirmed it is 'Grayish Beige' just by looking at the part and had very little info about determining color based on code :(

They also can't order them as they are no longer in the warehouse, so I am going to order the one in the link from my original post.

Can someone suggest a spray can/paint code for the 2000 Champagne Pearl side moulding (middle)? I tried looking for the original based on this thread (1B1 Champagne Pearl UCA46 Light Grayish Beige Metallic) but came up empty. Also, I assume I need to prime-paint-clear, right? Or, is the original look of the trim flat?

Was there any resolution here? My wife's 2006 LC (056 Natural White) took quite a hit to the drivers door molding this last week and I need to clean it up.

thanks for this, i looked it up and mine's Dark Gray (car is black onyx) now to find the color match

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom