Coastal Offroad bumpers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Anyone here build one of their bumpers?
They have some clean looking styles especially for the 4runner. :hmm:
Coastal Front.jpg
Coastal Rear.jpg

They look prettt sweet!

I wish they made some of them for 200 series..

they look pretty slick, and the price is definitely right. Looking at the 80 rear bumper... the ONLY thing I can see that I dislike is the swingout mounting bracketry... looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Thankfully it's a kit and I can beef it up myself :)
1579465674966.png

Call Brandon at Avid Off Road.

they look pretty slick, and the price is definitely right. Looking at the 80 rear bumper... the ONLY thing I can see that I dislike is the swingout mounting bracketry... looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Thankfully it's a kit and I can beef it up myself :)
Thought the same, but could be easily done.
As for the front, has to be the one of the best DIY designs I've seen yet. The rear is another story. Goal is to get rid of the low hanging fruit (factory receiver that hangs up) and provide some protection to the corner panels.
A swing away tire carrier has it's advantages and disadvantages. I really like this look.
Rear bumper.jpg

But what does one do with the spare? Back to the A & D question, inside the cargo area or on a roof rack....
Just putting some thought into it and welcome ideas.

Thought the same, but could be easily done.
As for the front, has to be the one of the best DIY designs I've seen yet. The rear is another story. Goal is to get rid of the low hanging fruit (factory receiver that hangs up) and provide some protection to the corner panels.
A swing away tire carrier has it's advantages and disadvantages. I really like this look.
View attachment 2188206

But what does one do with the spare? Back to the A & D question, inside the cargo area or on a roof rack....
Just putting some thought into it and welcome ideas.

Definitely not on the roof. At least for me, the idea of getting crushed by a heavy tires is not something I'd enjoy... Depending on your wheeling, cargo are or back underneath would be my suggestion. HAve you seen how phil does his tire?

Definitely not on the roof. At least for me, the idea of getting crushed by a heavy tires is not something I'd enjoy... Depending on your wheeling, cargo are or back underneath would be my suggestion. HAve you seen how phil does his tire?
If I recall, it's a inside mount and well done.

If I recall, it's a inside mount and well done.

pretty simple, I'll see if I can find a photo.

Even better, found his site:

one kind of cool option:

I will be ordering the front "closed top" for the 3rd gen this weekend. Looking forward to a new project.:bounce::bounce2:

Seems to be going around, placed an order with Coastal and nothing but crickets. :hmm:

My buddy ordered a front and rear for his 3rd gen over a week ago. He hasn’t heard anything. Maybe a call is required?
Yea, I sent emails two different ways and a voice mail last night.

Just checked my inbox, order has shipped!!! Said they experienced a high volume of Spring orders and a delay of material do to the virus.
Placed mine on May 30th, he should hear from them soon.

I would like to see the rear one when it's complete.

Friend of mine looked at that pic and called it the Kachina bumper, go figure. :hmm:

Plan was to fire up the welder this weekend but after about 10, I thought napping while watching a 007 marathon might be more enjoyable, don't want to catch the air on fire...

Did get some progress done. Those flat plates on the front of the frame need to be cut off for the install, tackle those tomorrow morning.
001.JPG
002.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom