Coastal Offroad bumpers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well Brandon came through when he could not help us any longer he refunded part of my money. I really appreciate his customer service.
Being real and honest with customers is the best you can ask for. With the pre-fab weld together parts you have to expect to use your grinder, but you definitely had some issues. Glad to see he worked it out. I welded a front bumper on a 4th gen for a buddy and I definitely think it was a quality product for what you pay. Steel is steal and once its all welded, they're pretty solid

If anyone is looking for a winch that fits, the Warn EVO does. Just have to remove the control box from the top of the winch and mount it remotely somewhere
in the engine compartment. I kinda like the idea, it keeps it out of the elements. Vice Design makes a well built electrical cable extension assembly for this.
The only open spot I could find was on the passenger side behind the ABS relay box. I bent a piece of 3/16 x 2" bar stock for a bracket and lined it up with a
factory threaded hole on the inner fender. Coastal even designed a handy hole on the driver's side to engage/disengage the clutch.
007.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG
006.JPG

Hole for the clutch control.

008.JPG

Very nice. I am doing this exact thing on an 80 series right now with an EVO. I bought the relocation kit which has a weird cable routing so I need to make a custom mount for it as well. I am putting it in the same location but also need room for my ARB compressor, which is currently attached to the inner fender well.

Just for posterity, and because I don't think I've ever posted here despite having an account for like a decade, I've got the CO open top on my 3rd gen with a VR Evo 8k in it:

IMG-4264.jpg

It's a TIGHT fit, but I'm happy with it. I made a satoshi grille because I had to hack mine up, as well as trim the top plates of both of the bumper wings, and reverse the fairlead hardware (nuts/washers out) so the winch will fit. Oh and the hood latch strap has to go too.

ETA ...I ended up in this thread by following a link from the 3rd gen section. Didn't realize it was in a local section. One post and I'm already screwing up :rofl:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom