Coastal Offroad bumpers. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm going to lurk in this thread for a while and see what comes out of it.

I've had my eye on Coastal Offroad for a while now. I actually received an email back from them this morning about making a full side rear bumper for the 4th gen 4runner. They told me they're waiting to get one in the shop so they can design it, but it's high on their priorities.

I'm no welder. I'd probably have someone else put it together for me, and the price is right for a dual swing out rear bumper. I just don't want to cut into my bumper cover, and that's the only option for the 4th gen right now. Their 5th gen 4runner rear bumper looks excellent.

Thought the same, but could be easily done.
As for the front, has to be the one of the best DIY designs I've seen yet. The rear is another story. Goal is to get rid of the low hanging fruit (factory receiver that hangs up) and provide some protection to the corner panels.
A swing away tire carrier has it's advantages and disadvantages. I really like this look.
View attachment 2188206

But what does one do with the spare? Back to the A & D question, inside the cargo area or on a roof rack....
Just putting some thought into it and welcome ideas.

somewhere in a box, I still have a headlight bezel for that car in the background of your picture :hillbilly:

Buick Invicta of the same vintage :hillbilly:

Think the easy part is done, mostly tacked together and now finish welding and grinding.
Looking at what's left on my spool of wire, I may have an interruption in progress.
Do like the look so far though.
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG

Call me Bob, and toss me in a pool.
My arms just fell off. 7 hours of finish grinding and switched over to a flap disk.
C.O. Bumper.jpg

Waiting for the paint to dry, should have it mounted by morning.

I’m glad some have had a good experience with coastal I cannot say the same. I bought set of sliders and rear bumper for my 2005 LX470. Slider build went ok but the rear bumper mounting holes were significantly off from the mounting point on the frame.

Rear mounting holes on the bumper were off by 1 inch inside the factory holes of the frame.

The holes under the truck were over 3/8 inch off as well. My dad is turning the bumper I’m to Swiss cheese to make new holes. Overall I worried it will compromise the structure without extra welded support.

I’m glad some have had a good experience with coastal I cannot say the same. I bought set of sliders and rear bumper for my 2005 LX470. Slider build went ok but the rear bumper mounting holes were significantly off from the mounting point on the frame.

Rear mounting holes on the bumper were off by 1 inch inside the factory holes of the frame.

The holes under the truck were over 3/8 inch off as well. My dad is turning the bumper I’m to Swiss cheese to make new holes. Overall I worried it will compromise the structure without extra welded support.

Did you find this before you started your build? And have you contacted them?

Did you find this before you started your build? And have you contacted them?

I did not find it before the build.

We started off with issues on slider fitment. My dads buddy had some extra steel which we had to use because the supplied mount would not reach.

Brandon was responsive for this issue. But just said “it should work fine with the added piece”

As for the bumper he said he would call but never did this week so we continued without ever getting resolution.

For the mismatch holes on the back we had to make new holes, fill old holes and cover with a plate.

For the mismatch holes under the truck had to enlarge the holes. I don’t have a photo just a video.

Lastly the extract hitch is likely not worth it as it is minimally smaller than the standard 1/4 inch steel found on most but lacks a 1/2 inch reinforced collar. He does state the hitch is not for towing though so I knew that going in.

Brandon just contacted me and offered to send a new plate which was nice. I will let you know how it turns out.

Well Brandon came through when he could not help us any longer he refunded part of my money. I really appreciate his customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom