Club Name - Appalachian vs Keystone Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven’t chimed in for a while on this, but I have a few observations I’d like to share. I’m only trying to keep everyone realistically informed on the process of ordering shirts.

1. Costs: Like Gary mentioned, adding color(s) to the logo adds to the screening cost. This charge is added by the vendor on top of the shirt price ($5-7 each for Sm thru XL, $11 for 2X and 3X), set-up fees ($1.50/shirt), and shipping (variable depending on vendor location and destination). Pocket t’s are extra. Believe me, it adds up quick. I'm sure there's some (minimal) impact with add'l colors on stickers.

2. Logo detail: looks great on your computer screen but makes for LOUSY screen printings when reduced to a 3” breast logo. Details get totally lost/washed out when made even smaller.

3. Big back screen prints & hot weather: I have several club and event shirts that are printed like this and will not wear them in the summer because they’re hot and they stick to your back like fly paper. Big screen prints like this are great for hoodie’s tho…

4. T-shirt budget: we don’t have one. As an example, an order of shirts recently placed that had a 2-color breast logo and a single color back slogan of approx. 130 shirts cost in excess of $1300. Yikes!
Just try and keep some of this this in mind when it comes time to order shirts.

Gary, Greg and I have been dicussing dues as well as tee shirts and stickers. The following is the general concensus and is certainly open for discussion.

There would be an initial $25 membership fee and NO annual dues at this time. We don't all need another bill to pay, and what service is the club actually providing at this point?

We may at some point collect dues, or we may solicit donations if the club has a good reason for needing money. At this point we do not.

With your membership fee you get (1) tshirt and (1) sticker. If you would like additional shirts or stickers, they can be purchased.

What are your thoughts on non-members? Allow them to purchase stickers and shirts at a slightly higher price?

Mike is dead-on with the price of the shirts. The chances of doing a pocket tee with printing front and back in multiple colors are slim. It adds up fast!

I wholeheartedly agree with the "back sweat" comment, but I don't think all shirts/printing are created equal - it depends on the shirt and the type of printing. I have some that are horrible, and other ones that are fine. Definitely something to be aware of before ordering!

Thanks,
Andy

Last edited:
A simple white or off-white tee with the silhouette or profile outline of the logo could always be an option? Or a reverse polarity option.
I'd imagine dues would be a necessity to get things off of the ground or a fundraiser. I'm sure the latter would be difficult as we are spread across the state. Is there an option to get a sponsor? I do a lot of work with sport teams. Travel soccer teams and high school sports. There have been times that we've reached out for a sponsor?
I'm just putting it out for discussion.

New guy chiming in.... Andy, the notion of $25.00 one time fee that gets you a t-shirt & sticker sounds perfectly reasonable. As far as keeping the shirt simple for the sake of durability & comfort, that's another good idea.

FWIW, I've been involved with a motorcycle group that is also associated with a larger national organization. We're a recognized "club" but we have no officers, dues or by-laws. We meet once a month for breakfast and dinner and have recently begun having roving tech sessions. The club has sometimes done coffee mugs, stickers, shirts and fleece jackets. Each time we have come up with the cost of the item and then solicited interest/orders from our members. If there is enough interest, we order them. If not, we don't. I'm not suggesting that Keystone Cruisers keeps it that simple, just giving an example of a very simply organized group that seems to work. Of course, like any group, most of the work tends to fall on the shoulders of the few but that's just the nature of the beast, as you guys well know.

Once again, I've already benefited from my brief association with you guys and am very happy to pony up the $25.00 for shirt & sticker. BTW Andy, you're right, Onur rocks! Got my parts today!

Thanks,
Ken

BTW Andy, you're right, Onur rocks! Got my parts today!
Ken you are not wrong there. A year ago Onur came to rescue for me...drove 5 hours each way in the middle of the night to bring me parts to rebuild my axle...then spent the day with me rebuilding it in a Ramada Inn parking lot...was quite the adventure.

What are your thoughts on non-members? Allow them to purchase stickers and shirts at a slightly higher price?
I am of the opinion that shirts/stickers and other club swag should be reserved for club members, especially since the club membership dues are so reasonable. Trying to not contradict myself, but I also think it is fine for members to be allowed to purchase swag for their partners/ride-alongs etc.

take my money....please!!! :bounce:

No, we will change it to a different design rather than invest in 50+ shirts that no one will wear.

Agreed.

Wasn't 40 in Schuylkill County! It did reach 33 though and that seemed like a warm spell. Better days are on the way.

Hi, I have had my 80 series for a year. Rebuilt the engine and now recovering from a low balance bank account. Just joined TLCA like 2 minutes ago. Glad to be back on the forum and love my cruiser.

I like the new name and logo. It does have great PA feel to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom