For Sale [CLEAN TITLE] 2004 LX470 - Springfield, MO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice looking Cruiser... GLWS!

<< content merged into OP >>

Last edited:
glorious

your truck is stunning... I already own 2, but if I had funds I would be all over it. GLWS...

Great rig. If you haven't already, post it over on Expedition Portal. THis would make a great start for an expo rig.

I'm curious, does the Slee overide allow you to run that size tire? Is it in the high position all the time because with mine before I put a lift in it, there wasn't a chance in hell of fitting those suckers in there.
This is a great deal for someone for sure

The Slee override could be employed for that purpose on some configurations, sure. On my rig it's simply for locking into poser-mode on the rare occasion. Without a proper diff drop, I caution anyone running it full-time on their stock rigs as it could exacerbate and accelerate wear of driveline components, such as CVs.

Your tires must've been of a different make or size or your AHC/suspension was out of spec. I run at normal height from a properly spec'd AHC system with no issues, as have others...

Thread discussing this tire and fit >> 305/65/18 BFG KO2 Pics

That said, this is the largest of the KO2s you can run on an 18" wheel without a lift off any kind, else you risk problems.

Last edited:
This thing is awesome! It seems like the truck I want and I like everything about it. Except the mileage. So as a first time Land Cruiser buyer, can anyone offer guidance about the miles of this vehicle. In other words, I don't want to be scared of high mileage, however I also see similar, not as built up, cruisers at nearly the same price.
I read about reliability and the engines going well over 300,000 miles, but how do they hold up performance wise?
Sorry if I sound like such a greenie but I want an education.
Thanks
Frank

I'd be more concerned with (and suspect of) a vehicle of this vintage that wasn't in the 200k+ range, which is actually quite average...

Of note with low-mileage rigs, they may not have been correctly cared for if only driven ocassionally/recreationally. The constituents of these vehicles age regardless of the miles; think rubber, seals, plastics, metals... they're all prone to oxidation/deterioration with the passing of time and mileage having little bearing on these forces of nature. Also true in that highway miles are far easier on a vehicle than city miles.

The longevity of these rigs, a testament to their robust engineering, is quite unique in the automotive world. So much so that appraisals from KBB and the like are irrelevant. I'm not just saying this because I'm selling a rig at 200k+. In fact, I bought this very LX sight-unseen August 2015 with about 190k and have absolutely no regrets. I'm not selling because it's a POS or moneypit. I'm selling because my needs and focus in life has shifted in such a way this vehicle can no longer suffice for my needs; think full-time RVer. Otherwise, I had no reason to believe I wouldn't see this beast clear through to 500k+.

I see, @040304, you've joined mud way back in 2014, yet only have two messages under your belt. At the risk of sounding condescending (for which is not my intent), there's a wealth of information on these boards in the forms of posts, threads, et al, that referencing here would detract from the sale-oriented objective of this thread. Speaking from experience, there's a wonderful and omnipresent search feature employed on this platform to the top-right of every page that will serve any looking for knowledge quite well.

Good luck in your search, education and remain grateful for those who've come before us in documenting their knowledge and experience on this board to the benefit of all Toyota and Land Cruiser Offroad enthusiasts.

Last edited:
Alright, Mudders...

Time is of the essence. I don't have much longer to babysit this sale or entertain the tire kickers who've flaked out. If not sold by Friday, I've no recourse than to rescind the sale as I'll be needing the rig to commute, though that's a lose/lose; waste of this vehicle's potential for such a task and a drag on my future plans.

If you're holding out for a significant price drop, sorry to dash your hopes, but that's not happening. Let's get this clean rig in the hands of an appreciative fellow enthusiast who will cherish and build it out to their hearts content.
Contact number?
Ken blazer2wd@aol.com 15097784333

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom