305/65/18 BFG KO2 Pics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there many dirt roads in Big Bend? If so, any challenging?
Yah, there's quite a few. The only one that's unmanaged is black gap. It gets a little technical depending on which way you go through it and how recent the rains have come through. I had a lot of fun on it. We went through the day they re-opened a bunch of roads after a big storm and there was lots of wash-out. That made it a lot more interesting!!! Have fun!

305 65 18
I went with the TG's because this is mostly a commuter/weekend warrior.
I actually prefer the old style BFG's appearance to the new.
And these were over $300 less for the set compared to BFG.

How's braking with this size? I feel like my 295s have very long stops.

What sort of PSI are you guys running on the road? Just had my TG's mounted up today!

35....36 is wayyyyy too much!

28613793023_b0ee79e2b8_h copy.jpg

On the LX with 2.5” lift

2.5” OME medium lift replacing the AHC

Last edited:
I'm currently running 275/70/18 KO2s with Slee spacers, 865s and cranked TBs. Love the tires, but reading this thread has me considering some meatier replacement KO2s when the time comes. Really like the look of the 305s, but wondering if will fit stock spare location. Don't think the height would be a problem.
Anybody know the largest I can go without a swingout carrier? Have to cram the spare in the tub for now. Will the 305 65s work if aired down? Also, will there be a noticeable hit to acceleration/breaking with stock gearing going from 275 to 305? Appreciate any anecdotal feedback on pros/cons..

Yes the 305 fits. You just have to push forward a little as you lift it. I never noticed any difference in braking or acceleration. I'm sure that there might be a difference if you drive it like a race car but...:worms:

Yes the 305 fits. You just have to push forward a little as you lift it. I never noticed any difference in braking or acceleration. I'm sure that there might be a difference if you drive it like a race car but...:worms:
Dammit. Now I have no excuse. :)

Just to confirm, we do not have to do anything or take anything out of the spare tire well to fit the 305/65R18s?

Its time for me to get new tires on and am considering the discoverer AT3 in 305/65R18. I currently have the Nitto TGs in 275/70R18.

Also do the 305s fit on the standard wheels of the 2003 LX470? The approved rim width for these is 8.5-11" and the stock rim width is 8"

Last edited:
Just to confirm, we do not have to do anything or take anything out of the spare tire well to fit the 305/65R18s?

Its time for me to get new tires on and am considering the discoverer AT3 in 305/65R18. I currently have the Nitto TGs in 275/70R18.

Also do the 305s fit on the standard wheels of the 2003 LX470? The approved rim width for these is 8.5-11" and the stock rim width is 8"

1. Yes, the tire will fit in the spare position without modifications.

2. While I do not have the stock wheels, I am certain that the tires will fit. The sidewall height is plenty sufficient to accommodate for the 1/2 inch difference in rim width.

FYI: It's not a guess. I was a tire sales manager for the Bridgestone Corporation for over 5 years.

1. Yes, the tire will fit in the spare position without modifications.

2. While I do not have the stock wheels, I am certain that the tires will fit. The sidewall height is plenty sufficient to accommodate for the 1/2 inch difference in rim width.

FYI: It's not a guess. I was a tire sales manager for the Bridgestone Corporation for over 5 years.

Thank you.. Unfortunately Discount tire does not want to fit the 305s on there as they are not approved for a 8" width.. Looks like I will have to stick with the 275/70R18s for now..

Thank you.. Unfortunately Discount tire does not want to fit the 305s on there as they are not approved for a 8" width.. Looks like I will have to stick with the 275/70R18s for now..
Totally understandable from their standpoint. They would be assuming responsibility at that point and it would be an easy case to win if something went wrong. However, the set-up would be fine if you do have them mounted somewhere else. Good luck either way!

Totally understandable from their standpoint. They would be assuming responsibility at that point and it would be an easy case to win if something went wrong. However, the set-up would be fine if you do have them mounted somewhere else. Good luck either way!

Any ideas on where I can get these wide tires mounted on my wheels? I have tried Discount Tire, Youngstedts and Midas.

Thanks..

You need a small shop or one that specializes in 4x4s...all of the chain stores will turn you down.

Best to post in the club section for your area and see where your local Cruiser guys go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom