SOLD Clean 1994 Land Crusier - Triple Locked - Denver, CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all -

I am new to the forum, but hoping to sell my 94 cruiser to someone who will appreciate it - what better place than MUD?

Anyway, here is the CL ad:

Toyota Land Cruiser - F/R Factory Diff Lockers - REDUCED

It's been a Mountain and West Plains Colorado truck it's whole life so it's never seen city or major highway salt and ice. No rust on it anywhere, and undercarriage looks great. It's exchanged a few hands, but from what I can tell, it's been pretty well maintained, and the motor is tight. If I were keeping it, I would baseline it and call it a day. Compression test showed all cylinders within range and there are no major leaks. I have some maintenance paperwork, as well as the original manuals and the carfax report to go with it, which also shows some service history. Most recently (past 3 years) it was used around an older gentleman's ranch and kept garaged, not adding more than a few thousand miles, and the owner after that worked for Proffitt's Cruiser's here in Colorado, bringing it up to spec and fixing several items including PHH, valve cover gasket, spark plugs, cap and wires and a few other things. Unfortunately, he did the work himself and I do not have paperwork to show.

It's got the factory lockers, and they work great. It's basically stock aside from CDL switch/7 PIN mod, and custom welded sliders that the Proffitt's guy added. No roof rails so no worries about leaks/rust there. It also has a brand new set of 285/75-16 AT tires. 240k and not going up since it's not my daily. Everything works, trim is all there in good shape, no cracks in the dash or anywhere else, runs well, drives well. Brakes could use some attention in the near future, and a fluid flush to start. The antenna is broken, but the radio works fine.

Overall it's a solid vehicle, and never let me down. I have a clean Colorado title in hand, signed and ready for the next owner. I'm open to offers, but I've already reduced the price down to $7500 and I believe this to be fair. Pictures below. Please reply with any questions!

Last edited:
Had some questions around the carfax report and want to set the record straight -

The older gentleman who used the truck on his ranch got it titled under "exempt status" (I have verified this with the Colorado DMV and the title is CLEAR), because he didn't remember the exact mileage when he went in to register it, and instead of asking him to go to the truck to verify, the DMV exempted it. This is very common, as any vehicle over 10 years old is not required to disclose the mileage in many states. Carfax reports this as not actual miles because some states differ, but that is not the case here at all, and I am happy to provide the carfax report to anyone interested to show that the mileage progression lines up.

Last edited:
Pictures didn't work in my original post, and thought everyone might want more than what's on CL, so I took some new ones last night and hopefully they come through.
20180523_181613.jpg
20180523_181815.jpg
20180523_181750.jpg
20180523_181725.jpg
20180523_181125.jpg

Last edited:
You claim lockers, can you show the switch and take a picture of the Sticker on the driver door jam

undercarriage pictures?

Last edited:
You claim lockers, show the switch and take a picture of the Sticker on the driver door jam

undercarriage pictures? - it still amazes me that people have to request these
My apologies, I thought I had posted those specific photos in the CL ad. But here you go. The undercarriage is dirty, but no rust, just mud:
20180224_144015.jpg
20180529_083359.jpg
IMG954695.jpg
IMG954697.jpg

Friday bump

What am I missing here guys? I feel like $7500 is a respectable amount to ask for this truck. Throw me some offers at least.

The price is totally reasonable. Triple-locked 80's with the A442F tranny
should be held at a premium.

Some people may be balking at the front seat condition, but we know that
the leather in these 80 series are more often than not, dried and split...
They may be balking at the driver side rear door looking more faded than
the rest of the panels...

Maybe a majority of people don't like the burgundy as much as I do :)

But ultimately, it's a smoking deal if everything is as it seems.

I want it bad, but I'm just not in a position to make an offer. sadly....

Generally speaking, it seems like 80 series market has more sellers
than buyers, while 100 series market has way more buyers than sellers...
For entry level stuff anyway.

Nothing has changed regarding the 80 series being top 2 or 3 off road
capable rigs in existence though, so there will always be buyers for it.

Somewhat selfishly, I hope it goes unsold until I can buy it ;)

GLWS

The price is totally reasonable. Triple-locked 80's with the A442F tranny
should be held at a premium.

Some people may be balking at the front seat condition, but we know that
the leather in these 80 series are more often than not, dried and split...
They may be balking at the driver side rear door looking more faded than
the rest of the panels...

Maybe a majority of people don't like the burgundy as much as I do :)

But ultimately, it's a smoking deal if everything is as it seems.

I want it bad, but I'm just not in a position to make an offer. sadly....

Generally speaking, it seems like 80 series market has more sellers
than buyers, while 100 series market has way more buyers than sellers...
For entry level stuff anyway.

Nothing has changed regarding the 80 series being top 2 or 3 off road
capable rigs in existence though, so there will always be buyers for it.

Somewhat selfishly, I hope it goes unsold until I can buy it ;)

GLWS
I really appreciate the honest answer man. When you're ready, let me know! At this rate I'll still have it haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom