CLCC Tech Day thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was looking at ordering those when I do my lift hopefully some time this summer. Are you running stock arms right now and is there a reason that you got those over the SPCs? I'm trying to decide between those two options
Running stock UCAs on my FJ Cruiser with 3" lift, but uppers are catching the coilovers when suspension is drooped. Went with JBAs after some time spent perusing FJ Cruiser and Tacoma forums which seemed to lean a bit more toward the JBAs, though I think JBAs and SPCs are pretty comparable.

I don't think they have them for a GX...

Yeah thats what I'm seeing. 100 and 200 series only.

Running stock UCAs on my FJ Cruiser with 3" lift, but uppers are catching the coilovers when suspension is drooped. Went with JBAs after some time spent perusing FJ Cruiser and Tacoma forums which seemed to lean a bit more toward the JBAs, though I think JBAs and SPCs are pretty comparable.

Thanks for the reply! Thats what it seems from what I've seen as well. I'll probably just go with the JBAs then

I'd like to install my tailgate hatch. Everyone likes watching people cut in to perfectly good sheetmetal right?

IMG_20200310_200635020.jpg

That's on my TODO list

I'd like to install my tailgate hatch. Everyone likes watching people cut in to perfectly good sheetmetal right?
@Stumpalama can put his certified chainsaw skills to use

Thanks to Ryan's generosity, as of right now, we are a go for a tech day at @OTRAMM on 4 April.

This sentence is a link to the official 4 April Tech Day thread.

Depending on demand, priority may be given to folks planning to take their trucks to Relic Run.

This is all subject to change, depending on the trajectory of COVID19, so stay tuned to this thread.

Cheers,
Stump

Last edited:
Thanks to Ryan's generosity, as of right now, we are a go for a tech day at @OTRAMM on 4 April.

This sentence is a link to the official 4 April Tech Day thread.

Depending on demand, priority may be given to folks planning to take their trucks to Relic Run.

This is all subject to change, depending on the trajectory of COVID19, so stay tuned to this thread.

Cheers,
Stump

@Stumpalama I just tried the link and it sent me to "create a new thread". I'm guessing you just posted it and maybe the interweb squirrels are still sorting it out. Just wanted to let you know. I plan on attending my first Tech Day and get my hands dirty. Thanks

Last edited:
@Stumpalama I just tried the link and it sent me to "create a new thread". I'm guessing you just posted it and maybe the interweb squirrels are still sorting it out. Just wanted to let you know. I plan on attending my first Tech Day and get my hands dirty. Thanks
Fixed it... Thanks for the heads up.

could rebuild the knuckles on the fj60 cable lockers. They are outside of the car and could be a show and tell?

We (me) needs a tech day something fierce.
Think we could bash out a PS install in one day?

View attachment 2583253

View attachment 2583254
As long as you have a good puller to remove the pitman arm from your steering box installing the power box and bracket is easily doable in a day. What are you gonna use for the pump? Or do I see a pitman arm under the PS box?

Last edited:
As long as you have a good puller to remove the pitman arm from your steering box installing the power box and bracket is easily doable in a day. What are you gonna use for the pump? Or do I see a pitman arm under the PS box?
There is a pitman arm under the box. I have a 60 pump and bracket for the engine. When we did the engine swap it is a later 2F out of a 60 so it already has the mounting stud in the block.

There is a pitman arm under the box. I have a 60 pump and bracket for the engine. When we did the engine swap it is a later 2F out of a 60 so it already has the mounting stud in the block.
You know... I've got a bumper install in my near future that having extra hands around will make the process quicker

You know... I've got a bumper install in my near future that having extra hands around will make the process quicker
What is that going on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom