Builds CK Excursions GX470 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hefty has skids now? I didn't know about this! Aluminum as an option, I hope?

Yes sir, in the aluminum flavor, that's what the "al." stands for. lol

They do good work. Awesome choice.

@DanKunz I would say that Hefty Fab does AWESOME work, that's why I chose them. I didnt take picking my armor lightly, after all it's to protect my rig. I spent the better part of an afternoon with Chris as he walked me through his products, showing me how they build them and why their aluminum bumpers are super strong.

Hefty has agreed to spice up the rear bumper, so hopefully they will offer the upgrades as an option...
Thanks for following along guys, I'll update with pics as I get them.

Their website shows exactly zero skid plate options for the GX, hence my post...

Their website shows exactly zero skid plate options for the GX, hence my post...

Yeah, Hefty does soo much more than what's on his site. I had to call to find that out.
I wasnt trying to be an ass with my first reply, I thought you may not have seen the "al."

@DanKunz I would say that Hefty Fab does AWESOME work, that's why I chose them. I didnt take picking my armor lightly, after all it's to protect my rig. I spent the better part of an afternoon with Chris as he walked me through his products, showing me how they build them and why their aluminum bumpers are super strong.

Hefty has agreed to spice up the rear bumper, so hopefully they will offer the upgrades as an option...
Thanks for following along guys, I'll update with pics as I get them.

I had my rear bumper built in 09-10 and ordered in a Prado bumper for my front in 09 because there were no options yet, hence my missing the exit. I have no body trim plastic left to even make a HF bumper work now lol.

So after being busy with work and out of town for a bit, I was able to spend a little more time on the box over the weekend. I got the HDPE panels cut and slid into the channels of the t-slot aluminum. These are a pretty tight fit as long as you cut them large enough that they fully engage the t-slot. Had to re-cut a few...

Panels in Box.jpg

Next step was to get the fridge slide in place and mounted to the t-slots. The slide comes predrilled with several holes but, of course non lined up for my application, no worries. I drilled out 4 holes and got it mounted up with no trouble. I'm using the Dometic fridge slide that I scored from Expo East last year.
Box 2.jpg

Box 1.jpg

Next I started laying out the compressor and air tank, these should mount up nicely and I can start the plumbing of them next.
Box 4.jpg

Box 3.jpg

A little test fit in the back of the GX for good measure...
Box in GX.jpg

I'm waiting for some more connections to come in and I can get the small drawer finished up to go under the fridge.

Beautiful. You should post the parts list and assembly instructions. I would think that you could even charge for it.

Beautiful. You should post the parts list and assembly instructions. I would think that you could even charge for it.

I may do something like that once it's finished and tested...

Let's see some pics of the Hefty armor!

A little test fit in the back of the GX for good measure...
View attachment 1424836

I'm waiting for some more connections to come in and I can get the small drawer finished up to go under the fridge.
any update on this build? It looks like a good option for DIY, and looks like it would be relatively easy to adapt/customize. What are you running off of that monster air setup, btw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom