Builds "Chunk+12ht" version 2.0 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Godwin, you put so many real use miles on your 60 series trucks you would definitely know how they work. I've seen your red 60 when we were at the Swine Soiree but would you mind posting a picture of it here so it is easy reference? Thanks

1986 faded red, 2F, H55F, OME heavy, ARB with 12K Warn winch, 70 series wheels with 255/85/16 Yokohama G0003. About 450xxx on the odometer, but on 2nd 2F and 3rd transmission. Rear axle is 80 series with e-locker, front axle is FJ62 with Tundra brakes. Body has a few dings, scrapes, and dents from where and how I drive.

IMG_4055.JPG
IMG_4057.JPG
IMG_4059.JPG
IMG_4060.JPG

Lol that’s pretty true. My mileage is still bad by todays standards, but my average since rebuild is 19.2mpg and that’s mostly winter so in land cruiser world, it’s awesome.
i Bet you will see similar with the 12HT.

I also like those 70 series mirrors. I have smaller ones for the 70 series And they are ok, but I would rather have the bigger ones.

looks awesome!
Good point about the 12h-t, it kinda breaks the crappy mileage trend. At least diesel costs more!

That's the perfect "tall & skinny" size tire...255/85R16. They look great on city racer 16" steelies and OEM dishes ;)
So my dilemma is that I want the factory wheel and cap look and can do that but I also have a set of 16" 70 series steel wheels like @HemiAlex has on his 60, and I really love how those look. First world problems!

They look like 60 series wheels, they'll be easier to keep clean-ish, they drive way better than a 15 and its an OEM wheel.

Whats not to love?

Luckily I have 80 series steel 16" wheels for my HZJ73 via @joekatana . Those are getting 35's. That'll free up the 70 series 16 inchers for Chunk. Tall skinny will look proper on it.

Not exactly Cruiser related, but then again it is because it keeps me fired up to push on!
20200219_202341.jpg

My day early birthday present. Taking my awesome kids with me too.

If you dont know, you should know

Love the Foo! I’ve been a fan of Grohl since early nirvana days. Jealous of that concert
Same here. Dave Grohl is awesome. I saw the broken leg tour and he apologized for having to sit in the "throne" with his leg up so they played a super long show. He finished the concert that he broke his leg in.

Same here. Dave Grohl is awesome. I saw the broken leg tour and he apologized for having to sit in the "throne" with his leg up so they played a super long show. He finished the concert that he broke his leg in.

Dave rocks!!!

mom sure you’ve seen this, but had to hijack your thread with this. Good music to work on a cruiser

Actual music starts about 8 minutes in

Get the 70 Series wheels chromed?
I was going to do a dark steel grey metallic powder coat in low gloss on the steelies and caps so maybe it would look good on these

Not exactly Cruiser related, but then again it is because it keeps me fired up to push on!
View attachment 2215971

My day early birthday present. Taking my awesome kids with me too.

If you dont know, you should know

So freaking jealous. Wave to Dave for me! I tried talking my wife into a road trip to Phoenix, to see their tour opener. It's on her birthday. She declined. :rofl:

Chunks of Chunk updates.

I realized that I should have installed my HJ-61 throttle cable back when the body was off. It is from a late truck so the same body mount as a 62. The 60 throttle comes through the lower blank on the firewall. :bang:

Now with the 12h-t installed, it is a tight squeeze getting the proper holes made. Off with the intake and charge pipe and I found the room.

Here's the hole on my 62 parts truck. I should have looked
20200301_093057.jpg

Using the cable bracket as a template I was able to drill the firewall.
20200301_100438.jpg

New cable in. The bolts are too long so it goes on the "if I ever find time, I'm gonna change that" list = never

20200301_102457.jpg

For some reason, the pedal is way off from the stop and the upper hole on the bracket doesn't match the 60 so tomorrow I am going to gently bend the arm for the pedal down about 2 1/2" and weld a tab to the bracket so the upper hole lines up.

The best thing about a window sill by the front door is to put cruiser parts there to take to work in the morning. If I just put em in my truck the night before I'd forget and they would bounce around in there for a month!
20200301_193654.jpg

I also got most of the door latch assemblies in. I just amazes me how perfect a Toyota door shuts. I could stand there and shut that door for an hour. I know, weird, but I can't be the only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom