Events/Trails Christmas tree run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pictures
DSCF3964.JPG
DSCF3969.JPG
DSCF3973.JPG
DSCF3974.JPG
DSCF3978.JPG

An uneventful HDC Xmas tree run…

Phew! :lol:
It's different when you have two or three inches of snow compared to the two or three feet that we have seen in the "olden days"!

Grant, I'm really struggling to wrap my brain around the concept of you driving something that actually looks nice and not some sort of Frankenstein pile.
Thanks Marc! The pictures make it look nicer than it really is, @5speed addict can attest it’s a little squirrelly 🐿🐿🐿

Thanks Marc! The pictures make it look nicer than it really is, @5speed addict can attest it’s a little squirrelly 🐿🐿🐿
Yeah it’s kinda squirrelly. the play in the front when braking is the part that would bug me the most the back end with the lc80 fronts didnt feel too bad when I drove it but it’s probably lot different hitting one of the interchanges in town, I bet it’s a lot better on those old man emu springs. you’re probably just some lca bushings away from it being pretty good on road.

Went to the Jemez yesterday and there was 4" of snow on 376. Saw this giant RV parked at the 376 trailhead heading toward the hot springs. Later, we found the driver, walking toward the springs so we picked him up. Glad he didn't decide to plow forward with that RV because he'd have blocked the entire trail for hours if he got sideways. He's been on the road for few years, working remotely and seeing the country. He was an interesting young man, experiencing life, using an older RV to get around. He's been doing this before the Pandemic and based out of Chicago. He'll be meeting up with friends in DEN over xmas and go skiing.

We gave three more folks a ride back to their vehicles after the soaking and two of them were MTBers. Too much snow fell on the ground to ride a non fatty tire MTb, especially after the hours of relaxation in hot water!

Sorry, forgot to take a pic of the RV.

IMG_20211211_121938.jpg

IMG_20211211_121940.jpg

IMG_20211211_121944.jpg

I ran FR 376 from 126 up North to the Gilman tunnels down South on Fri 12/17/21. Most of the snow from last week is gone from the trail, other than hard packed icy spots in the shade and bear spots on the sunny spots. Got a chance to see the damage that the rock slide did on the paved part around the tunnels.

1639839329273.png

Last edited:
Snow is coming down hard in the Jemez today 👍

20211224_123639.jpg

20211224_124404.jpg

:clap:
:clap:

That's sweet. New Year's Day run?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom