Events/Trails Christmas tree run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My daughter and the boy she hangs out with will be joining us in her 4runner.

I will get my truck packed up and ready today.

excited to see everyone on Friday.

My daughter and the boy she hangs out with will be joining us in her 4runner.

I will get my truck packed up and ready today.

excited to see everyone on Friday.

Does the boy she hangs out gets to ride in the cargo, isn't that the rule? Or was it the cargo rack on the roof? I need to start thinking about all this now mine is dating a boy.......

Isabelle has to work starting at 4pm on Friday so I think we should be able to do the run and return home?

Looks like I'm out. I had a radiator issue Saturday driving to the breakfast. It looks like the new radiator won't be here until Friday.

Does the boy she hangs out gets to ride in the cargo, isn't that the rule? Or was it the cargo rack on the roof? I need to start thinking about all this now mine is dating a boy.......

Isabelle has to work starting at 4pm on Friday so I think we should be able to do the run and return home?
That's what the skinny pedal is for!!!:steer::D. We will get you back driving toward home at the appropriate time. Also, I have a roof top cargo carrier you can borrow. LOL.

She will let him ride with her. He isn't too sure about me. Tried to get him to hold the targets for me when they came out to shoot a couple weeks ago. I don't think he was amused.

Last edited:
Tried to get him to hold the targets for me when they came out to shoot a couple weeks ago. I don't think he was amused.
That's classic! :rofl:

If I don’t get called out for a search, I am planning to attend and will see everyone at Amanda’s at 9:00 tomorrow morning. Should be fun!

Looks like I'm out. I had a radiator issue Saturday driving to the breakfast. It looks like the new radiator won't be here until Friday.
Curious what you’re replacing it with? Rockauto really fouled up my FJ60 radiator quest

Curious what you’re replacing it with? Rockauto really fouled up my FJ60 radiator quest
Umm, I ordered a CSF 3-row from ... Rockauto.

Last edited:
Had to turn around and come home due to auspension issues. Think I have it worked out. Running a little late. Sorry. Will update if qny more problems.

Just made it to Tijeras. Not going to make it. Hope someone sees this.

Thanks everyone for a nice day in the hills and scout had much fun.
@evanz80 glad you made it!

332858E2-8B98-4FA4-9579-19FEDEAD2ACC.jpeg
5272E51A-02E0-433B-A73B-CD8ADDB296BA.jpeg
CE6EA3EF-3DEE-4A6B-8BAC-8A3E21D6BBDE.jpeg
90AE3498-4347-40C8-B9B0-FF9F87F9F6AF.jpeg
694B308D-3C2B-4022-B1B2-931AFE391EF0.jpeg
55717978-0EDB-45B8-AB1A-0D58D0589844.jpeg
7370F09E-2502-4E30-BE53-12544C783A33.jpeg
A9CA807C-3286-450E-BE8A-7B2995E0F881.jpeg
F406B728-D1AF-441B-81D0-8A956E9437F7.jpeg

I'm glad it was a good trip for all who made it. I got down the road about 10 miles and the front suspension dropped to the bumpstops. I was able to get it working by wiggling the wires so I went home and grabbed a pigtail I had to the height sensor thinking it was a broken wire. Figured I had it fixed and tried to hit the road again. About halfway up South 14 the front end bottomed out again. I pulled the height sensor and was somehow able to get the system to hold pressure, but not function correctly. Made it home and changed out the sensor. Now everything is working as it should.

The wife and kids were really disappointed we didn't make it out so we are going to try to find a tree up around Pecos today. Probably around Elk Mountain.

We missed you Virgil! However, we also decided that it’s better to break down closer to home than way out in the boonies.

We had a beautiful sunny day out there and I saw some places that I hadn’t been before. It was great to catch up with everyone.

Grant - thanks for all the great pictures. The dogs sure had fun running around and I bet Scout slept all the way home!

I'm glad it was a good trip for all who made it. I got down the road about 10 miles and the front suspension dropped to the bumpstops. I was able to get it working by wiggling the wires so I went home and grabbed a pigtail I had to the height sensor thinking it was a broken wire. Figured I had it fixed and tried to hit the road again. About halfway up South 14 the front end bottomed out again. I pulled the height sensor and was somehow able to get the system to hold pressure, but not function correctly. Made it home and changed out the sensor. Now everything is working as it should.

The wife and kids were really disappointed we didn't make it out so we are going to try to find a tree up around Pecos today. Probably around Elk Mountain.

Have fun over there! I need to get out to that area, haven't been to the Pecos in way too long. If you run into issues today I have a truck and trailer at the ready

More pics

20211126_123128.jpg

20211126_115839.jpg

20211126_115825.jpg

20211126_101941.jpg

20211126_135859.jpg

20211126_101956.jpg

Have fun over there! I need to get out to that area, haven't been to the Pecos in way too long. If you run into issues today I have a truck and trailer at the ready
Thank you. Everything went well yesterday. Drove up to Wesner Spring Mine and found a couple of trees on the way back down.
PXL_20211127_201443696.MP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom