Christmas Tree Run, Dec 3rd! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sucks that your rig got banged up, but I'm glad your OK Kit. You had all of us quite scared. Everyone there saw how big of drop you went down and it was a serious! We all would have been in a daze after that.

All I can say is WOW. The pain I feel in my gut for Kit is real. I'm worried what shape Danise would have been in if that was my truck and looking at the picture of the PS front door. I'm so glad to see that nobody was physically hurt. My relaxing weekend in Ruidoso, drinking warm tea, watching movies and playing in the snow pales in comparison to this. All of my weekend excitement was driving down there on Thursday evening. The howling winds made it a challenge to keep my Sonata pointed straight. Then as we were ascending the mountains up to Ruidoso, we encountered an ice storm and very slick roads. The traction control and VSC were definitely working. Thankfully there were very few people on the road and we made it to my in-laws' place ok. The snow didn't show up until Fri. night and the roads were dry coming home this afternoon.

Shawn's probably right about it being tough to get me back out on the trail, since Danise read this post with me.

And Kent, I hope your truck is ok too, after the Heep dogs incident.

Last edited:
All I can say is WOW. The pain I feel in my gut for Kit is real. I'm worried what shape Danise would have been in if that was my truck and looking at the picture of the PS front door. I'm so glad to see that nobody was physically hurt. My relaxing weekend in Ruidoso, drinking warm tea, watching movies and playing in the snow pales in comparison to this. All of my weekend excitement was driving down there on Thursday evening. The howling winds made it a challenge to keep my Sonata pointed straight. Then as we were ascending the mountains up to Ruidoso, we encountered an ice storm and very slick roads. The traction control and VSC were definitely working. Thankfully there were very few people on the road and we made it to my in-laws' place ok. The snow didn't show up until Fri. night and the roads were dry coming home this afternoon.

Shawn's probably right about it being tough to get me back out on the trail, since Danise read this post with me.

And Kent, I hope your truck is ok too, after the Heep dogs incident.

Not too bad. A mere flesh wound compared to Kit. I may paint the tailgait pink, since I dont have pink panties! Those mutts owe me their lives!
P1010212.jpg
P1010213.jpg

Last edited:
somehow it looked worse that night. at least it totally missed the quarter panels and the lift gate.

Looks like a good reason to call Slee or Luke.

Nah, that'll buff out.....

All it needed was a little coaxing with my special remote winch engagement tool. :flipoff2: ... <snip>...

Anybody know the best way to get a Warn M12000 serviced? I also want to go to synthetic rope and get a proper hook on the end.

-Mike-

i saw that "special tool", it was a piece of broom closet rod, figured it would be your deadman pedal/handthrottle except you needed it for the winch! :flipoff2: but i do have to hand it to you being prepared and all and not having to resort to a dirty old chunk of pine tree... :lol::lol::lol:

got any thoughts on what rope you are going to run? i think i've zero'd in on viking with the safety thimble for mine... it's just a tad lower on my list, but i'll get to it.

Ok here are the pictures....
IMGP5355.jpg

IMGP5354.jpg

IMGP5353.jpg

IMGP5350.jpg

IMGP5347.jpg

IMGP5346.jpg

IMGP5342.jpg

IMGP5341.jpg

IMGP5337.jpg

DSCN3307.jpg

DSCN3300.jpg

DSCN3276.jpg

DSCN3269.jpg

DSCN3263.jpg

DSCN3255.jpg

somehow it looked worse that night. at least it totally missed the quarter panels and the lift gate.
Yep, those look OK, Tailgate wont open and door sensor stays on from what i can tell.

As usual, fantastic job by all!
Sorry about your rig Kit, hope the insurance company does right by you...

Daisy

Done...enjoy!

Kit how soon will you know about insurance?

lurch said:
Done...enjoy!

Kit how soon will you know about insurance?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3pQrfTFkR0">YouTube Link</a>

I dig it. fine job as usual!

Swypo'd from my droid using IH8MUD

Fantastic job Steve. How long did it take you to create that video?

That V8 sure makes the 40 go at warp speed, LOL!

Fantastic job Steve. How long did it take you to create that video?

That V8 sure makes the 40 go at warp speed, LOL!

I'd say about 8 hours + 2 hours to upload

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom